free website stats program Decisions | Harley Davidson Forums

Decisions

cool2see

I have a 2007 Fatboy. It came with a windshield, but I dont really like the looks of windshields. I know the functionability of it is great. Tossing the idea around of ditching the windshield for a Fairing and hard bags like the street glide.

The fatboy is a beautiful bike! I wouldn't change it. You may be better off trading for a bagger than trying to rebuild the fatboy. Since it is the style you seem to like so well.

I love the bike, Im just saying that if I have to have a wind deflector for long trips Id rather look cooler with more functionability..... Around town I wont have it on, but longer trips I will throw it on.

I love the bike, Im just saying that if I have to have a wind deflector for long trips Id rather look cooler with more functionability..... Around town I wont have it on, but longer trips I will throw it on.

I actually just ordered a detachable fairing, because of this reason.

It is being painted right now, and should have it next week.

I wanted a bigger bike than my fatboy, so went with the RK since it came with other add ons, that the SG didnt.
Also, I like the wind hitting me when it is hot out, and wanted the fairing for Highway
I got a set of soft lowers to , for the chillier mornings.
Now i got the best of both worlds :s

I say get you a bagger to add to the quiver. That way you have choices! I'm just sayin......

Bodeen

Id love a SG or RK. But in the last week I bought two bikes so the slush fund is gone.........lol So now just trying to make what I have the best of all worlds with the functionability of all worlds.... Most of my riding will be commuting to/from work, and around town... When we want to take the longer trips, I guess I just like the looks of the fairing better then a windshield. Only time will tell I guess.

Back