free website stats program Decell Pops | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Decell Pops

Drumrguy,
You got the bike back today & it still stalls? Or it is still in the shop for that problem.

Question:
1) Can you apply a little throttle and keep it from stalling when you come to a light?
2) Your using a Delphi ECM and SERT correct.

Hoop!

I must just be lucky....2008 Heritage softail....put Samson True Duals with 4 inch mufflers and 2 inch baffles with a Vance and Hines fuelpak. No popping on decel or between gears....runs strong and sounds really good.:p

Still stalls, was told from another Harley shop who had it that it is not in the tuning, so I took it back to where I bought it, the sales manager rode it and it stalled when he rode it, it stalls when you come to a stop, if I throttle it a little it will stay running, the G.M. is going to ride it tomorrow, they say they can fix it, but I talked with my salesman today about trading it in on a new bike. I have owned this bike for almost 3 months and it has been in the shop 6 times already. There are no codes, tuning is correct, I do not think they know what to do with the bike. I had a conversation with the G.M. and my salesman while I was there too. And, I still got the loud decell pops, what a mess this bike is. Anyone got any ideas I am listening? But we have been all over this bike. :no

Do you lose all power when it stalls such as lights and dash?It could be your master circut breaker.My 03 had a recall on it but it was only a 40 amp . The years following they moved up to a 50 amp.If your RPMs start dropping at idle before the stall it might be your idle air control stepping out trying to keep up.If this part is bad it will not give you a code and someone would need to put a diagnostic tester on the bike to see if the values were correct.

Rush slip-on mufflers, stage 1 air cleaner, cams, 1550 kit, CNC ported heads, race tuner, stalls when I come to a stop.

when you did all this work - was it doneall at once or did you install here and there? what about torque specs? check the crank,cams installed correctly,did you have it re-mapped after the R.T., does it stall when you ease off the throttle or does it matter? have you done a compression test on it???

it stalls when you come to a stop, if I throttle it a little it will stay running... There are no codes, tuning is correct, I do not think they know what to do with the bike... And, I still got the loud decell pops... we have been all over this bike.
So you've checked the IAC for proper operation, then?

To answer everyone question, 2 1/4" baffles, motor work done all at one time, Harley put the scanner on the bike to test all components, motor is fine, leak down test and compression test ok, bike stalls when I come to a stop and I do not lose any power at all, the bike just quits, tuning does not seem to be the problem, the bike runs great, it is just when you come to a stop the bike will stall. The G.M. is going to ride the bike today, so we will find out what he thinks, I just do not know what is going on, I am wondering if I got a computer problem, if the computer was going bad maybe it would not kick a code, a stretch, but we just cannot figure out what the problem is. Everything looks good so far. We are all confused and frustrated. I think we are close on a deal on a new bike, but I do not know if that is going to pan out, we are about 1000.00 away, so maybe later today will bring some news. I will posts new thoughts from the dealer later after work when I get home. :(

Why don't you just check the simple things instead of reaching.Do an intake leak test and check the throttle body to make sure it is not gummed up and test the idle control.

Back