free website stats program Decel Popping | Harley Davidson Forums

Decel Popping

I just had V&H big shot staggered pipes, a heavy breather, and SE255 cams added to my 2007 Heritage. The dealership that installed dynoed the bike and I picked it up yesterday. Everything sounds great and the performance is much better than stock, but the bike not has a loud decel pop when downshifting. Is this normal or should the dealership remap the bike again? What causes the decel popping? Thanks.

If this is happening below 2500RPM you may have an intake leak. Check Self help section Diagnostic and fuel injection line #26.

HDDON is right on. Also check the exhaust connections and make sure they are tight, from the heads out.

Bodeen

Mine was a loose exhaust endcap (of all things). Easy way to check is run bike, cover exhaust ends (hands w/thick leather cloves worked for me) and you should be able to pretty much stall the bike...if not, listen for leaks (hiss). Good luck!

The decel popping occurs at both high and low rps. It starts as soon as you downshift.

The dealership used the SERT to remap.

Thanks for the help.

I have the SERT, Andrews 26G cams, S&S gear drive and K&N AC, and have no decell pop. If everything is tight on your bike (no intake or exhaust leaks) your dealer should be ablt to tune the bike.

If everything has a good seal and is tight, you might want to have them adjust the DE table in the mapping. Upon deceleration it might be sending too many pulses to the injectors.

Back