free website stats program Decel backfire on 12 dyna FXDC | Harley Davidson Forums

Decel backfire on 12 dyna FXDC

JC1654

I put a Stage one air cleaner & sceaming eagle slip ons on my 12 FXDC and am having severe backfiring on decel.Put in the right program with my Supertuner and no change. Anyone have any idea's?

Start bike and cover the end of the exhaust with a towel or rag momentarily and listen for leaks. Repair as needed.

As Jack and Bodeen point out, the slip joint between the mufflers and head pipe is most likely the offender. Pull the mufflers and apply some Hi-Temp RTC silicone at that joint, reinstall and tighten clamps. It that doesn't do the job, you will probably need a tune; I have no faith in maps. Best to get her on the dyno and tune.:D

Had same problem with my 2011 wide glide. I re used the muffler clamps and ended up having to replace them. That's where I found my leak. Was told that clamps are a one time use product
WAP.gif

Also, for pipe swap, make sure you have them on far enough past the grooves and "always" run a bead of liquid copper (high-temp silicone) along the inner-edge of pipe for a tight seal. Good luck!

Back