free website stats program decec pop | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

decec pop

Mine is also a definite "Gurgle". It used to pop loud like a shotgun under heavy decel or downshift. Now it gurgles constantly when I back off the throttle just a little. I hate it!

It is definitely an exhaust leak.
I have struggled to keep my Cobra Speedster shorts tight, especially at the front manifold. Seems every time I check the nuts they're loose. New HD gaskets and a tighten will work for a week or two. Then everything loosens up again. And once the gasket have been compressed once they don't seem to work as well with each subsequent tighten. I have tried locktite to no avail. I think it would improve vastly with heavier exhaust gaskets. Anyone know where I can get a heavier gasket for my fitment?

2006 Dyna Street Bob 88 inch. Cobra Speedster Shorts.

Wait, I thought you were risking blowing one of your cylinders if you heard the popping. Am I wrong about that? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I could swear I read that on here somewhere...

Wait, I thought you were risking blowing one of your cylinders if you heard the popping. Am I wrong about that? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I could swear I read that on here somewhere...

Don't think you got that quite right.:s

I also like the decel pop sound. It is a Harley after all. Enjoy the sound, if not buy a metric bike i guess.

There is nothing better sounding to me then a well tuned deep throated sound of a Harley, the kind that sets your neighbors car alarm off every morning. When I hear poping I think to myself, why don't they fix that. No offence intended to the guys that like it, we all have our own taste.

There is nothing better sounding to me then a well tuned deep throated sound of a Harley, the kind that sets your neighbors car alarm off every morning. When I hear poping I think to myself, why don't they fix that. No offence intended to the guys that like it, we all have our own taste.

HAHAHaaaaaaa I really got a chuckle from all the post here...............

I think of the times i hear a Churp from a car ,,,,,THEN I crack it open a little and WALLAAAAaaaaaa....setting off the ALARM,,, AND EVERYBODY LOOKS.......
gota love the rumble of the pipes.....

I'm laughing so hard i might get a EDIT if i'm not careful!!!!

THANKS Chopper and the rest!!

signed....BUBBIE

I agree with Chopper. I hate the popping because it's not suppose to be there. Nothing sounds better than a good set of pipes with a loud deceleration growl, but throw in a few pops and burps and I get the feeling I've just heard " hurry up!!! aren't you done yet??!!!"

Thought I would add this. When I fist bought my bike it had a SE high flow AC and Rush slip ons..had a good amount of decel popping and seemed to run quite hot. After reading in the forum, I decided the main culprit was the mix being too lean. Changed the AC back to stock, checked the torque on the manifold, big difference. Still a little popping but it runs a lot cooler than before. Have plans to add a TFI soon.

Don't all the bikes set off the car alarms? I thought it was normal since mine has done it from the get go. :) It's not my fault, I didn't know how loud it was when I bought it. :D

After HD did a new flash on my Streetbob it doesnt pop anymore and the torque smoothed out

Back