free website stats program decec pop | Harley Davidson Forums

decec pop

I am running a tfi with HD heavy breather and SE slip ons on my 08 dyna street bob, with 97 oc gas. I was having a heavy decec pop. I talked to the tech guys in Dobeck performance and suggested that I was running with to much fuel. I turned first port back a little and the pop now is better. The cuestion is if it is important other than the noise not to have decec pop.
thanks

The popping on decel can also be made worse by an exhaust leak like at the head or joint in the muffler/pipe.

The popping itself will usually not cause any damage but the low restriction mufflers will usually make it worse.

Maybe its just me, but I hate seeing a great bike and then hear it popping and burping all over the place because its not tuned right. I know its not always easy to get it right, but a good looking bike that sounds right and runs proper is amazing. Keep at it, you WILL get it right eventually and when you do you will be proud of what you did, plus the bike will run great.

I have a 09 Low Rider with SE Breather and Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2. I have a TFI installed. My problem is that when it's cool out (below 85 or so) I have no decel popping. When it's hot (above 90 or so) which it is mostly here in Texas, I get decel popping even when I am easy on the throttle. Is there any adjustment I can make on the TFI that will reduce or eliminate the decel popping?
Thanks for any suggestions.
JP

The exhause is mainly responsible for the popping because of the open baffles compared to stock. You may try a tad lower on the #1 pot and see if it helps. #2 pot can also be lowered a bit too.

I would reset the #1 pot to where it runs the best at 1800-2000 rpm,then set #2 at 2:30,#3 at 3o'clock and #4 at 4 o'clock,this has worked for all of my friends bikes that I have helped with (with pipes and stage 1 AC) who have experienced a huge drop in mileage and decel pop,except for one and when we checked it out we found that he had a faulty cylinder head temperature sensor

I have heard Glyder say it alot EXAUST LEAK or lean condition I retorqued my head pipes and like majic about 80% of my pop went away

Back