free website stats program Debadge 08 Ultra, decal underneath? | Harley Davidson Forums

Debadge 08 Ultra, decal underneath?

Hi, I want to debadge my Ultra, any pictures of what the decal is underneath?
Anyone done this to an 08 Ultra?
I know to use hair dryer and fishing line or floss
Thanks in advance.

Griz

I havent done it but i cant guess why there would be anything but paint under the badge .. Hopefully someone else will come along and know

I have painted many harleys. I have never done and 09 but I think there all
the same. They are held on with thick two sided tape. Your are right on how to remove them. There will be tape stuck to your tank when your done. Use some glue remover to get it off. If you are real careful you wont scratch your paint. If you end up with some minor scratches you can wet with 2000 sand paper and buff it back to a shine.

I suggest a spray called Goo Gone after you've carefully removed the badge. Takes stickers off and doesn't damage the paint that I've ever experienced.

Or if you want something you probably have around the house to take care of nasty stickers, spread peanut butter over it and let it sit for a while. The peanut oil does a nice job of absorbing into the adhesive and you can just peal it off, polish it up and away you go.

But Goo Gone rawks.

OK, I guess I did not make myself clear enough. on a Ultra Classic
Is the decal that is under the chrome and red badge, and yes under the clear coat a complete decal? like the decal on a regular Classic flhtc.
Seems like it would be.... Just wondered if anyone has done it and knows for sure.

Attachments

• 08 Ultra.jpg
    08 Ultra.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 08 Classic.jpg
    08 Classic.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 79
If it is a metal badge on top like the '03 Annv. has then you can remove it as we have said. If it is a decal under clear then the only way to take it off is to sand it off and repaint......I guess I will have to go to my local dealer and see what they look like.
images

I'm pretty sure the OP wants to know what the paint/decal LOOKS like underneath the badge...

I'm also considering removing the tank badges on my 09 Ultra but would like to know what is underneath before I start. The pin stripes go under the badge but then what? Corporate HD logo or what?

Take care,
Dave

My guess is that all that is under the tank badge is the end of the decal stripe and as said the decal is under the clear. What would be the point of putting a decal design under the tank badge?

Thanks Dave,

You know what I am trying to say, maybe a dealer paint guy or factory paint guy that works with this stuff can answer.

I just hate the gawdy emblem on the side, they seem to get worse each year.

I apologize to the other responders to whom that I did not make myself clear enough.

Back