free website stats program "Death Wobble" in the news | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Death Wobble" in the news

I have used the Glide-Pro mod for about four years now and I swear by it. Check out the guys web site, watch his videos and take the plunge. You will never regret it. My 03 Road King tracks down the road solid as a rock under any condition.

I'm pretty happy ridin' my Harley at 80 mph, don't need to go any faster. Problem solved.
Felt it on my mountain bike years ago wasn't goin' that fast though.:D

I have used the Glide-Pro mod for about four years now and I swear by it. Check out the guys web site, watch his videos and take the plunge. You will never regret it. My 03 Road King tracks down the road solid as a rock under any condition.

I went to the link that Hoople gave me and watched the videos. I was very impressed with the guy himself and the product. I sent him email asking if there was a product for Dynas but got no reply.

Are the Glide-Pro bushings only for touring models ?

Are the Glide-Pro bushings only for touring models ?

As far as I can determine, no one yet makes improved bushing kits for the Dyna rear swing arms. Tru-Track also makes a bushing kit for touring models but nothing yet for Dyna's. Should you hear different or come across an improved FX bushing kit, plz post it.

I have a 09 S/G and for the most part it's stable in turns providing you’re not exceeding its design intent. I’ve experienced a slight wobble on a few occasions when I was taking a wide sweeper at about 85. Though it wasn’t the hard oscillating type, it got my attention. I typically refrain from riding like that but our small group occasionally gets a little spirited on enticing roads during some of our trips. All of us are seasoned riders and have riding experience on Litter size Sport Bikes which helps keep things in prospective regarding knowing our bikes limitations, especially a Harley Touring Bike. While there are many touring bikes, there is also a huge difference between a Sport Touring bike such as my old 03 BMW 1200 GT and a Cruiser Touring Bike. Simply put you can not ride a Harley or any cruiser for that matter in an aggressive way with confident control; their just not designed for racing! Kick back, enjoy the scenery and even more important ride your Hog the way it was intended to be ridden. After all none of us would take an early Cadillac and race it through some mountain twisties.
P.S…….. That guy wasn’t going 25 – 35 mph. What would you tell the cops?

My 02 Electra does this sometimes, like when I'm trying to take curves at 80+ MPH. When it starts to happen its a good reminder for me to SLOW THE (EDIT) DOWN. I never have tried to ride through it. I just ease off the gas a bit, and it goes away.
IMO if your trying to push a 700 lbs bike with a 200 lbs rider on it around a curve that is not banked the right way at 90 MPH, your an idiot. And should probly buy a crotch rocket.
In that video, if you take a 10 year old, stock family sedan at top speed around the same curve your going to have problems, only difference is your body will pay for it more if your on your bike.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put the bagger brace on my 06 Street Glide last night. It was very easy to install. I really liked the design, much more beefy than the others I looked at. Also no part of it sticks below the frame. So no change in clearance. I am going to take a road trip to the mountains in Colorado and the hills of Ark. and didn't want a problem in a bad place (read the side of a cliff). I will report back on how she handled. I realize its not a crotch rocket and don't ride it that way.

speaking of crotch rockets, How come all these race bikes that go 200 mph don't have this problem?

I have never experienced it either with 3 different harleys over the yrs and I ride 2 up most the time and I love taking curves faster. But from watching that video I don't want to ever experience it. Looks very scary.

But something is wrong for sure if it happens to some but not others even in the same yr of bike and when police bikes which are having the same problem that speaks volumes too.

Using a car as an example, its the suspension that overloads, then springs back the other way and the car can't comp for the movement which gives the left right left right out of control.

But on a bike in a curve??? Its beyond my knowledge

speaking of crotch rockets, How come all these race bikes that go 200 mph don't have this problem?

I have never experienced it either with 3 different harleys over the yrs and I ride 2 up most the time and I love taking curves faster. But from watching that video I don't want to ever experience it. Looks very scary.

But something is wrong for sure if it happens to some but not others even in the same yr of bike and when police bikes which are having the same problem that speaks volumes too.

Using a car as an example, its the suspension that overloads, then springs back the other way and the car can't comp for the movement which gives the left right left right out of control.

But on a bike in a curve??? Its beyond my knowledge

Not to take anything away from our beloved Harley's, but a Sport Bike is designed from the ground up for exceptional cornering and overall handling. Unless you’re a licensed racer the only limit to rubbing an elbow leaned into a corner is the rider’s ability and sticky tires. The front forks on a race bike can cost more than a new Harley CVO.
The average $14K crutch-rocket responds to commands with just the slightest body-english as if it’s telepathic and every input has to be light, almost surgical. It only takes one or two fingers on the front break to slow down from 100 mph. If you’ve ever watched one pass you on the highway it’s almost like they are riding on air. The shocks on our Harleys are pretty basic with just preload adjustment only on the back. Compare that to preload, high speed and low speed compression and rebound on both front and rear. I couldn’t even begin to describe the complexity of the frames. The sport bikes you see on the road today are the purebred Moto GP Bikes of 8 years ago. If you enjoy accelerating hard on your 800 lb. 68 hp H-D imagine twisting on a 445 lb. state of the art chassis tuned bike with 180 hp. The only thing close to it with 4 wheels would be an Indy Car.
Before anyone gets their fur up, I’m 57 years old and currently have one bike, a 09 Street Glide. 12 years ago I decided to turn in the Cruiser I had for a 2003 BMW K1200 GT to do a bit of high performance touring before I was too old and out of shape. Having experienced this new found power and agility, it led me over time to add a series of “crotch rockets” starting with entry levels. Before I knew it I had a small stable of three bikes including a MV Agusta Brutale and a Yamaha R-1. Fast forward, I now have my S/G and enjoy the style of riding that it offers.
I can honestly say now, that I grew from the experience, learned a lot about motorcycles and what makes them be what they are and I became a much better rider from the seat time. Next time you see a sport bike doing a wheelie down the freeway, put it in prospective; it’s not the “crotch-rocket”, I mean sport bike that’s stupid, it’s the adolescent rider or adult idiot on top feeding in the inputs.
Why don’t Sport Bikes Wobble? If you have to ask you’ll never know until you ride one.
When no’s watching, take one for a spin.

Back