free website stats program Deals Gap | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deals Gap

Where is the road blocked at? Do you ride from the South going North or opposite. I only have 4 days allowed for this trip and it is about 700 miles to get there, so I need to make the most of it. The blue ridge parkway sounds fun but I don't think I have enough time for that too.

Even if you don't have enough time to do the whole BRP, the section from Cherokee to Asheville, for me anyway, is the most enjoyable. Lots of turns, elevation changes, great scenery. More tunnels too so be careful.

Returned from a 4 day ride. Total trip from driveway and back was 1882 miles. It was a nice time, the first day was 725 miles, but made good time on the big road. Not that impressed with the dragon, but there was not much traffic since it was closed. Ended up staying at the iron horse motorcycle resort after the dragon ride.

A nice break from riding is to hike up the path to Clingmans Dome in the Smoky Mountain National Park.

Next time out I am checking out the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Next time out that way I will check out the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Returned from a 4 day ride. Total trip from driveway and back was 1882 miles. It was a nice time, the first day was 725 miles, but made good time on the big road. Not that impressed with the dragon, but there was not much traffic since it was closed. Ended up staying at the iron horse motorcycle resort after the dragon ride.

A nice break from riding is to hike up the path to Clingmans Dome in the Smoky Mountain National Park.

Next time out I am checking out the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Next time out that way I will check out the Blue Ridge Parkway.

725 is a Long Day of riding.

Did you enjoy the NC heat ? I have ridden the Dragon a few times, mostly when riding with someone who has not ridden it and wanted to ride it. I could take it or leave it, it is dangerous with some many others on it.

Fontania Villiage has nice cabins to stay in. Plus there is great riding all around it. Couple years ago I went to a bike Rally there "Dam Bike Rally". I don't know if they still have it. There were not alot of people. If you every make it in June. Helen, GA has the US Riders Rally(Same area kinda). That has always been a good time, with great riding.

Years ago I did the Sky Line Dr.,BRP, Smokey Mtns. and the dragon. It was all fun but doing the Tail of the Dragon on a loaded down Ultra was a bit of a work out. I couldn't open it up like I wanted to but still had a great time.

Back