free website stats program Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend. | Page 20 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealers You Wouldn't Recommend.

Gulf Coast Harley Davidson New Port Richey FL
Not just once or three times, EVERY TIME I have brought my bike to GCHD they (EDIT) something up, for example...Dent on top of fender after removing fairing, antisieze on the hand grips and seat, loose exhaust shield clamps, loose front brake lever fastener (that fell off less than a 1/2 mile from the dealership). I had a front wheel bearing replaced and the called to tell me the transmission needed to be replaced. (5 weeks to repair) Nothing out of the norm when I dropped it off it was running fine. I have a laundry list of items they have (EDIT) up EVERY TIME I dropped my bike off. I'm in the process of getting all my work orders together to send to HD HQ.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

I think it was Einstein who said; Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again,
And expecting different results'''' Find another dealer..

Re: bad dealers tell us what happen

Cape Fear HD in Fayetteville, NC is a horrible dealership. They are complete jerks there, and lie to your face. I'm no the only one with bad things to say about them. A lot of people here don't like to do business there, they go instead, to Cox HD in Apex. about 45 minutes away.

Lancaster County Pa. HD
They tried to hustle me for non existant issues. :p
Guess they thought I just fell off the turnip truck. :)
I told them they would never see any of my Benjormen's.:s

I have had good experiences with the dealerships that are not the NEW million dollar show room big franchise stores . Hales Harley Davidson for parts in the cheapest in Northern Ohio & does not have a huge big franchise store with all that over-head to pay for . The big franchise dealers with the big fancy new buildings are going to get you !!

HD of Palm Beach. Manager who undermines his sales staff and has no problem insulting a customer looking to throw away some hard earned dollars makes for an ugly dealership that I continue to avoid.

Mile High Harley in Denver, service dept. thinks they know better then the customer. Had my scoot in for a dyno 3 times before they got it right. I told them the first time after installing a SE pro tuner it had to much timing but all they did was add more gas. The 3rd time in I was more firm about to much timing and they finally backed it off a few degrees and now it runs great. Service writer made a smart comment the 2nd time I was in about how much time the tech already had in tuning my bike. I'm thinking maybe if they listened to the customer a little more they could avoid return trips for the same issue.JMHO.

Mile High Harley in Denver, service dept. thinks they know better then the customer. Had my scoot in for a dyno 3 times before they got it right. I told them the first time after installing a SE pro tuner it had to much timing but all they did was add more gas. The 3rd time in I was more firm about to much timing and they finally backed it off a few degrees and now it runs great. Service writer made a smart comment the 2nd time I was in about how much time the tech already had in tuning my bike. I'm thinking maybe if they listened to the customer a little more they could avoid return trips for the same issue.JMHO.

As a tech, I always had 20 questions for my customers. I always started off with a test drive to confirm what the customer was telling me followed up by talking to customer to confirm what I found

As a tech, I always had 20 questions for my customers. I always started off with a test drive to confirm what the customer was telling me followed up by talking to customer to confirm what I found

How's that go Jack, most customer have a valid and legitimate complaint. It's not like the customer does not have anything better do to than be at dealer complaining or have dealer redo their work correctly...:nosad

How's that go Jack, most customer have a valid and legitimate complaint. It's not like the customer does not have anything better do to than be at dealer complaining or have dealer redo their work correctly...:nosad

That is exactly correct and why I do the questions to get enough info, if I cannot duplicate the problem I tell them so. I never talked down to a customer, and believed they ALL had legitimate concerns. I still have customers asking about me after 2 years being retired, guess I must have done something right:s

That is exactly correct and why I do the questions to get enough info, if I cannot duplicate the problem I tell them so. I never talked down to a customer, and believed they ALL had legitimate concerns. I still have customers asking about me after 2 years being retired, guess I must have done something right:s

Jack you have done a lot of right things...:s

Back