free website stats program Dealer's extra charge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer's extra charge

Somewhat locally, HD of Pensacola will mount and balance tires free if purchased there. The tires, Dunlop 408 and 402 are $160 and $260, so $420 for a set that I can get independently for ~ $300. So as echoed again it seems that HD is going to get your bucks one way or another. I will go indy when the time comes

Somewhat locally, HD of Pensacola will mount and balance tires free if purchased there. The tires, Dunlop 408 and 402 are $160 and $260, so $420 for a set that I can get independently for ~ $300. So as echoed again it seems that HD is going to get your bucks one way or another. I will go indy when the time comes
Remember Gator H.D. stands for $100.00 on top of what the true value of whatever you are doing to bike.
Keep a eye on Victory bikes and I will bet in the near future Harley will be #2 do to its own accord and business practices at most dealers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a local Indy to mount and balance my tires for 30.00, I buy and carry in my own tires

We normally don't install customer supplied parts. I have the labor rate figured out considering that I make a certain percentage off the parts, if we install customer supplied part I do raise the labor rate and make it very clear that there is no warranty on the parts weather they fail with first use or not.

Michelin Commanders $121 front, $136 rear. $60 mount and balance. $317 for all of it, just got to remove and replace the wheels. Plus you get to inspect the brakes and all while your at it.

Not to change the subject but how do you like the Michelins Bodeen? I'm going to change out the Dunlops soon and want to try something else. I know Michelins were the Cadillac of tires for cars years ago.

Not to change the subject but how do you like the Michelins Bodeen? I'm going to change out the Dunlops soon and want to try something else. I know Michelins were the Cadillac of tires for cars years ago.

Dont know about Cadillac but I like them so far. Longevity is still up in the air. My original concern was grip. Coming from being an Avon tyre guy. Those concerns have been erased. I haven't experienced any out of the ordinary grip issues. Avon just got too expensive and being a relatively soft tire, I wasnt getting my money's worth of mileage IMO.

Dont know about Cadillac but I like them so far. Longevity is still up in the air. My original concern was grip. Coming from being an Avon tyre guy. Those concerns have been erased. I haven't experienced any out of the ordinary grip issues. Avon just got too expensive and being a relatively soft tire, I wasnt getting my money's worth of mileage IMO.

Ok, thanks. Guess i'll do some more homework before I pull the trigger.

Jeff are you going to change both tires? Looking at the reviews most I found are just after replacement of tires which is not a great indicator for all bikes ride and handle great with new tires. There was a couple of long time long distance Harley riders and they stated that they would never go back to Dunlop. I am also coming do for 2 new tires and starting to scratch my head also....:eek:

Back