free website stats program Dealer Runaround | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer Runaround

Ordered my bike, my 2014 1200T superlow Sportster , from Brandon at Tecumseh MI Harley Davidson on May 2, 2014. Brandon could not find any nearby with the ABS system and Candy Orange color so he ordered it from the factory, and it will come off the line this Friday, June 20 2014. We ordered V H slip ons and K n N Filter along with engine guards to be installed before I pick up the bike so they are included on the warranty. We called today to check on things and find out that Brandon works at a dealer in Indiana now and he did not leave definitive records of "our deal" behind. We put a 500 deposit on the bike.Now the new sales manager wants about 800 more, ,,more than the msrp in MI, for the same deal. I just sold my 250 and my Sportster is supposed to come off the line this friday. I cannot tell you how much I am hurting over this, I've got no bike to ride now and they are trying to " stick it to me". I checked at least 5 HD dealers before buying from here because they were the best/fairest ones around. we do our own maintenance so price was paramount. My poor husband doesn't know what to do, I have to make sure he doesn't 'take it out" on the people there. So very disappointed. Don't know what to do, want my bike but don't want to be cheated out of 800 or more because they know I want it. Thinking of trying to get my deposit back and trying another dealership..Any ideas?

There should be some sort of paperwork with the deal on it on this side of the pond it would include the options and the final price and details of any deposit payed
Here it is a binding contract with the dealer not the salesman
I on one occasion got a lawyer to remind the dealer of the terms and conditions of the contract and that did the trick

Brian

Get your money back and find another dealer. Even if its out of state. The $800 extra would pay for a rental car. When you do get a bike be sure to show this dealer what you got and let them know they will never get you business for so much as a spark plug. May want to give a call the BBB and the Mother ship too. That's what I would do if I were being nice about it. Keep us posted and be sure you visit our thread about dealer experiences.....

Take Bodeen's advice. If there is any paper trail, which I think there would be if the bike got ordered. use it to try and make a deal with whatever dealership you use. Good Luck!

No signed papers, means you had a verbal deal. In 2014 that means nothing. It's strange that a dealership would allow a salesman to order a special option bike without a contract with you. Do you have a receipt for the money?

We have a receipt for the 500 deposit and an amount listed that has hand written comments about the ABS and candy orange color included. My husband put the paperwork away so I am not exactly sure of the figure but it was somewhere around 13, 400 which is about right when you add ABS, candy orange color and sales tax to the MSRP on Harley's build a bike site. The sales person who took over is supposed to call us today, (was supposed to call back yesterday, when he didn't we drove the 40 miles there), and let us know what his final deal numbers are. Pretty sure it's not going to be acceptable to us..will let you know how it goes. Thanks for caring.

This is pipereefer, yorky mama's husband. I called dealer and talked to a stand in salesman covering for missing salesmen at this sattelite dealership.What a difference talking to some one who cares. Techumseh Harley has a policy of MSRP + Mich tax + $23 plate transfer so we were right and our reciept had that.I guess no one told the new salesmanager that this is a good dealership to buy a bike from, no hassle dickering. Sorry posting on wifes but should be a happy ending by next Friday.

That is good news we will look forward to seeing photos of new bike

Brian

Back