free website stats program dealer Runaround | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dealer Runaround

If you have a noisy transmission with Spectro in it. You are not going to quiet the noise with a fluid change IMO.

i can certainly relate to your plight. bad dealerships or should i say uninformed people at dealerships really cause problems for good dealers. i have had trouble with 2 all caused by trouble with 1. the moco puts it squarely in your lap to resolve. hopefully this is not a serious problem. give it some time with a real trans fluid. it should get quiet and be normal. if not, stick by your guns and stand your ground.

HD put out service bulletin M1304 for all 07 and later twin cams which states:

"When a motorcycle is at operating temperature and in neutral, a rattling sound may be heard on the right side coming from the area of the transmission side cover. This sound is normal and is referred to as neutral rattle. To verify the sound is neutral rattle, pull in the clutch lever and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds. If the sound stops, it is neutral rattle. Neutral rattle is caused by the necessary backlash within the first gear pair.""
This is The MOCO response to the noise

I wish I could have done that with my old job. Can't fix it, write a rule around it. Neet

HD put out service bulletin M1304 for all 07 and later twin cams which states:

"When a motorcycle is at operating temperature and in neutral, a rattling sound may be heard on the right side coming from the area of the transmission side cover. This sound is normal and is referred to as neutral rattle. To verify the sound is neutral rattle, pull in the clutch lever and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds. If the sound stops, it is neutral rattle. Neutral rattle is caused by the necessary backlash within the first gear pair.""
This is The MOCO response to the noise

I went to another dealer yesterday, and after he heard the noise he handed me the bulletin that you are talking about and he said just ride it.

I went to another dealer yesterday, and after he heard the noise he handed me the bulletin that you are talking about and he said just ride it.

TRY the Redline ShockProof Heavy,,,, You will be Quieter than Now.....

:small3d023:

signed....BUBBIE

TRY the Redline ShockProof Heavy,,,, You will be Quieter than Now.....

:small3d023:

signed....BUBBIE

I agree with Bubbie here, Try Redline or any other Quality Gear oil, The MOCO has gone cheap on the Tranny side covers and trap doors IMO, it will take Baker stepping up once again to set the MOCO straight on tranny fixes, remembering they introduced the 6 speed and the 7 speed when HD had the 5 speed and just coming out with their own 6 speed gear set at that time JMO

As many of you know, I bought a 2012 street glide about 6 months ago and have had a noise in the transmission from day one. .
It might be noisy and the dealer says it's normal.....
I'd say ride it as you have two year warranty w/unlimited mileage.
Either it will be ok or break in your two year period.

Ride it like you stole it...at least you'll have warranty for awhile.

Also, do the newer 6-speed tranny's have same problem w/dipstick rubbing?

Back