free website stats program Dealer Profit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer Profit

All the touring bikes, York PA plant, are test driven on a dyno-style machine (both front and rear wheel spinning at 80mph and engine running, trans shifted, etc) when they come off the assembly line by senior plant personnel. Once passed, they are packed up for shipment to the dealer. Dealer uncrates, puts on windshiled, antennas, hooks up battery, check fluid levels, etc. They then conduct a Mandatory 10 mile ride on the bike...

Your saying the dealership rides each new bike 10 miles before sale?

They are required by Harley to ride a new bike 10 miles after they uncrate, setup, etc. before delivery to the customer...Of course, not all dealers probably do...

They are required by Harley to ride a new bike 10 miles after they uncrate, setup, etc. before delivery to the customer...Of course, not all dealers probably do...

As in poor PDI by some dealers?

My guess would be that bikes on the floor were ready for delivery? It would not make sense to assembly and fluid up a bike, put it on the showroom floor, then sell it, then take it back into the shop for another once over and test ride?

My guess would be that bikes on the floor were ready for delivery? It would not make sense to assembly and fluid up a bike, put it on the showroom floor, then sell it, then take it back into the shop for another once over and test ride?

Did you ever wonder what happens to the stock parts that come off a bike that has been customized by the dealer when it hits the sales floor?

One dealer here sells them for 60% of new. At another dealer I bought complete take-off exhausts for $10. I bought 2 for the Heritage and 2 for the Deluxe. I figured I got a lot of chrome for$40.

Ebay?

Dealer's parts department?

One dealer here sells them for 60% of new. At another dealer I bought complete take-off exhausts for $10. I bought 2 for the Heritage and 2 for the Deluxe. I figured I got a lot of chrome for$40.

I know my dealer in Minnesota would have a garage sale and or local swap meets in the winter time is where a lot of the parts ended up, just thinking out loud, I knew a guy that bought a custom Road king and inquired about the stock take off parts the sales man kind of side stepped the issue, imagine that:s

Back