free website stats program Dealer prices? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer prices?

ultradoc

I have decided to order a spolier light kit [HD part no.68160-99] after running out of ideas-options. [I lost my red lense cover]. A buddy told me about Chicago HD and their cheap internet prices. I compared their prices with my local dealer and even paying postage it's cheaper for me to order from Chicago HD. My local dealer said they couldn't even come close to Chicago's so I placed my order yesterday. I also checked on another part and Chicago was cheaper. So why can some dealerships have much lower prices than others? Just wondering.

It boils down to greed. If one can do it they all can do it. The mark up on most parts is close to 100%.

Glider has hit the nail on the head. I will have to give my dealer credit. Everytime I have found a price cheaper at another dealer they have always matched it.

waynebow. The dealer I usually go to [98% of the time] can get me the part for $66.99. Chicago can get it to me [shipped] for $61.46.

I understand the mark up, but some dealers get carried away with it. This is part of the reason some are just barely hanging on. They have priced themselves out of business. Instead of changing as the times are changing, alot are remembering when there were long waiting lists for anything HD, and we were at their mercy. Now some are willing to earn our business and do whatever it takes to make a new customer and prosper,while others are consumed in "all or nothing". This why we are seeing many struggle and close their doors. JMHO:newsmile077::newsmile077:

waynebow. The dealer I usually go to [98% of the time] can get me the part for $66.99. Chicago can get it to me [shipped] for $61.46.

for 5.00 i'll go to my local dealer .How about when you need to return something that you ordered from chicago?I try to develop a relationship with the dealer of whatever i may own .Car,bike,boat,whatever!! Some dealers can be your best friend .....................just sayin

I do the same - you can select any dealer on HD's website & some have awesome/agressive internet pricing. I do throw my local dealership a ton of business, but offset some costs w/internet purchases. One of my favorites is Tri-County HD in Ohio - got a new HD leather jacket $100 cheaper than my local shop even after shipping. Also got the free HD backpack (promo). They even send a pre-paid return in the box, in case there's a problem w/defect, size, etc...

for 5.00 i'll go to my local dealer .How about when you need to return something that you ordered from chicago?I try to develop a relationship with the dealer of whatever i may own .Car,bike,boat,whatever!! Some dealers can be your best friend .....................just sayin

I agree with motor. If the price is close, I'll buy from my local dealer.

Back