free website stats program Dealer messed up | Harley Davidson Forums

Dealer messed up

FLIPBEL

I took my bike to the dealer for the 15,000 service. I told the service guy not to change the oil because I had done it myself 300 miles ago. Well guess what, yesterday I picked it up and they did the oil change anyway. Well I got a free oil change for next time from them.

I had just changed it to M1 20-50 v-twin syn. They used the regular 20-50 HD oil. My question is can I just change the oil to M1 again without changing the filter (just drain it and pour in the M1). I know there will still be oil in the filter and I was wondering if this will affect anything.

Thanks!!!

FLIPBEL,
You know you are not going to have peace of mind just changing the oil out.
Ask the guys at the dealer for equal dollar amount of oil change coupon in oil filters. I would think it should get you at least 4 filters.
Install a new filter and change the oil again and rest assured that the internals will be nice an clean......:s

dbmg has you covered here. You would be surprised at how much oil is suspended in that oil filter. Change it and switch back to the M1, and you'll be happy knowing that you did the right thing. Good luck with the dealer.

I took my bike to the dealer for the 15,000 service. I told the service guy not to change the oil because I had done it myself 300 miles ago. Well guess what, yesterday I picked it up and they did the oil change anyway. Well I got a free oil change for next time from them.

I had just changed it to M1 20-50 v-twin syn. They used the regular 20-50 HD oil. My question is can I just change the oil to M1 again without changing the filter (just drain it and pour in the M1). I know there will still be oil in the filter and I was wondering if this will affect anything.

Thanks!!!

You won’t hurt anything by doing what you have mentioned. However, there is oil in the filter and in the top end of the engine. There will be close to 1 Qt of oil AFTER you drain the oil and remove the filter.
SCAVENGER Total Oil Change System for Motorcycles - YouTube

enlighten me if im wrong. but dont you stand a chance of hurting something with that method?

I realize that we all have the option to do what we want with our bikes, but the cost for this kit plus running the bike to remove oil seems quite scary to me also. In 25 years and numerous bikes I have never had a engine related problem do to oil changes. And what about our cars and trucks that have exceed 100 of thousands of miles with just regular oil changes.:58:

..::Rogue Chopper::Welcome::..

there has been several times where my dealer has messed up. I have a bagger that I dropped off for service [it's been quite a few years ago and I don't remember what for]. I asked them if they needed the bags unlocked for anything. Nope was the reply. The next day they called me saying they needed the bags unlocked. And another time I missed a Rolling Thunder rally in D.C. because the dealer couldn't track down a part. Funny thing was I found the part in the same state. That's just two that come to mind but they haven't messed up on any oil change [yet].

I had my bike in for a clutch assembly and se comp. and it stayed in the shop for 2 month because they could not get a clutch bearing.

Back