free website stats program dealer installed new bearing kit front wheel | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dealer installed new bearing kit front wheel

OK guys sorry for the delay I went down to the harley dealer and we discoverd that the left side of the hub had an 0.60 of an inch diff. meanining that the hub was not cut to the proper depth which would explain why he had to cut down the spacer any ways chopper your right I followed up on this and when U purchase a wheel kit it comes with the proper sized spacers for the specific wheel intened for the make year and model of bike the kit is not for one specific application but in my case up to 3 model types U should not have to modify any componet from the kit IMO

I think if I bought a brand new wheel and it was 0.60 out of spec, I would have another new wheel, please. Not a band aid spacer. I am leery of tech's that know more then the engineering dept at Harley. There are tech's out there that think they can improve on a good thing and end up doing the exact opposite. How did they know the hub was out of spec? You can't press a bearing in, then pull it out, then reuse it again. I'm sorry but have seen bad dealers out there, and am just a little suspicious, something just don't sound right. The only end play limit I'm aware of is if the end play is less than the service wear limit of 0.002 in. (0.051 mm), bearing passes inspection. I'm sure all will be fine, dealers have to stand behind there work.

OK this what I saw the bearing was pertruding out on the left side it was not recessed like the right side we installed it again without the spacer and it did not make a differance I know U cannot reuse the bearing they took another bearing from stock same part # and measured it the bearing was the same height we compared it to the original rim and there is definatley something wrong with the new rim So the dealer informed me that the rim is faulty and they are going to order a new rim and bearing kit the manager said that it is coverd and don't worry he said that when the parts arrive they will wait for me to be there when they install them so I have piece of mind chopper thanks for UR concern I questioned it and I got results other wise it could have been a disaster waiting to happen OH! and YES I prefer 180grain S&W hollw point .40 It gives you that I love you TOOOO and then some

Glad to here all is well, Dealers are good to deal with now you have to excuse me I while I go wash my mouth out with soap:)

It is no ones fault things happen OH well but at least I know what's going on thank U all for the input it is good to be back from the sand box Again ! Life is not like a box of chocolate's We all have to live with our Demons Life Goes on

Back