dealer can fix electronic throttle idle memory

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ironmark, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

I had the dealer disable the idle memory on the electronic throttle by changing the program so the bike will always idle @ the proper RPM . I found out that having the idle memory disabled you can accelerate while the cruise is set & then when you release the throttle the bike will resume to the set cruising speed & that is real nice when passing . The only problem I have is the radio , it seems that when I shut off the bike & restart later the radio will be @ a different setting for example if the setting is on FM when you shut the bike off it may be on WB when you turn the bike on so I have to reset the mode but you still keep all the programed channels , I dont know if this is the result of the idle memory being disabled or if the dealer did this by mistake & that it can be corrected , I will have that checked the next time I go to the dealer .

2. 09ultra

09ultra Banned

My question is if this is the case, why did they have a throttle memory at all in the first place?

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Mine did this right off the showroom floor with no downloads or mods.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

There's a dealer download update available that will keep the ECM live for 10 seconds after shut down that is supposed to be the fix for this issue.