free website stats program dealer can fix electronic throttle idle memory | Harley Davidson Forums

dealer can fix electronic throttle idle memory

ironmark

I had the dealer disable the idle memory on the electronic throttle by changing the program so the bike will always idle @ the proper RPM . I found out that having the idle memory disabled you can accelerate while the cruise is set & then when you release the throttle the bike will resume to the set cruising speed & that is real nice when passing . The only problem I have is the radio , it seems that when I shut off the bike & restart later the radio will be @ a different setting for example if the setting is on FM when you shut the bike off it may be on WB when you turn the bike on so I have to reset the mode but you still keep all the programed channels , I dont know if this is the result of the idle memory being disabled or if the dealer did this by mistake & that it can be corrected , I will have that checked the next time I go to the dealer .

I had the dealer disable the idle memory on the electronic throttle by changing the program so the bike will always idle @ the proper RPM . I found out that having the idle memory disabled you can accelerate while the cruise is set & then when you release the throttle the bike will resume to the set cruising speed & that is real nice when passing . The only problem I have is the radio , it seems that when I shut off the bike & restart later the radio will be @ a different setting for example if the setting is on FM when you shut the bike off it may be on WB when you turn the bike on so I have to reset the mode but you still keep all the programed channels , I dont know if this is the result of the idle memory being disabled or if the dealer did this by mistake & that it can be corrected , I will have that checked the next time I go to the dealer .

Mine did this right off the showroom floor with no downloads or mods.

There's a dealer download update available that will keep the ECM live for 10 seconds after shut down that is supposed to be the fix for this issue.

Back