free website stats program Dead Battery | Harley Davidson Forums

Dead Battery

2 days ago I ajusted my clutch, when I put the bike on the jack I had not turned the alarm off, so the blinkers started flashing, so I unlocked the key and turned the ignition on and back to off, the flashing stopped, not thinking anymore of if it, I finised my clutch ajustment, I did not have time to ride the bike right then in fact its been to days, today I went out to start my bike and the battery was dead, does this make any since to anyone out thier?? Does anybody know what the problem is????

Sure it's in neutral?

Check and clean/tighten the battery terminals. It may not be dead at all.

That's between first and second. :p

If it's not in neutral, nothing happens when you hit the start button.

I was just giving some suggestions and implying that the battery may not really be dead at all. If you have a poor connection on the battery cables, it gives the symptoms of a dead battery.Do you have any headlight at all, even dim or dash lights?

I checked it with a multi meter the battery is dead, I have since charged the batt, its holding a charge, I read in the manual, that if the fob is not with in a certain distance the alarm will not disarm itself, thus causeing the battery is discharge, Iam just hope that that was the cause, by the way the batt conection are clean and good to go. but thank you for your response.

Back