free website stats program Dead as a Dodo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dead as a Dodo

"pulled" the codes today.
P0107
U1016
U1064
I have not a clue what they mean like U1016 Loss of ICM/ECM Serial Data Instruments? It sound like the onboard computer and thus expensive.
If the seal in the fuel pump is a tricky thing I don't think I should touch it myself. More than likely I will not get the correct or all the parts from the dealer (2 1/2 hour round trip)and end up spending an awfull long time going back and forth.
I noticed this morning though that, eventhough the sparks worked yesterday they did not so today.
All I have done is change the plugs and put the bike on a charger.
I am more and more convinced the thing is jinxed.

P0107 Map Sensor Open/Low EFI

U1016 Loss of ECM Serial Data, Vehicle Speed, Vehicle Inhibit Motion or Power train Security Status TSM/TSSM

U1064 Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data Instruments

Sounds like a connection problem or at the worst an ECM problem.

If you want to try something, give this a shot. It may be worth the try.

Marrying NEW TSM/TSSM To Bike (password relearn) - Harley Davidson Community

My word, is there anything you don't know Glider?
I will go into the workshop Saturday and give that a try. Watch this space!
Isn't it well past you bedtime by the way?

Well I couldn't leave it alone and went in today after work.
Tried the procedure as described but stumbled straight away. Nr 4 "Engine starts and stalls check engine lamp stays on" The lamp doesn't come on. Security light also a no go. I assume everything has to go exactly as stated. Tried to carry on with the list but as I expected no result.
I suppose it would have been to easy.
When I checked, the sparks were working again.
Checking the codes again, on the first P it read "n rsp". I assume that's "no response"?
the rest just said "none"

"n rsp" is usually when the kill switch is in the off position.

The procedure has to be followed closely.

Tried again but although there were no codes active ( I did check with switch in correct position this time) Still could not marry-up as the lights did not do what the guide said.
I suppose that means that the two are correctly paired allready. Anyway I have arranged for the dealer to come and pick it up tomorrow. I bet it's gonna hurt! (me more than him)

Last edited:
Well, picked her up today. Must have been jinxed because the engineer working on the bike phoned earlier this week to ask what the problem was and I told him......... He couldn't understand it he said, because the bike started fine according to him.
Is someone pulling my leg?
My bike is, I'm sure of it now, female. It, like my wife, never does what I want it to.
Good thing is though, the dealer did not charge me a penny, not even for the 3 hour drive they made to collect the bike. Faith in them restored a little.
Thanks to all those trying to help me out. Much appreciated!

Back