free website stats program Dcsjs1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dcsjs1

DCSJS1

I have just started noticing a high pitch chattering type noise in 4th gear only, on my 2004 Ultra Classic. Happens after about 15 minutes into the ride. Right before the noise started, I had the local dealer do a "spring ready to ride" maintenance (chg oil, fluids, etc.) on it - coincidence? Any ideas as to why the noise in 4th gear only?

I have just started noticing a high pitch chattering type noise in 4th gear only, on my 2004 Ultra Classic. Happens after about 15 minutes into the ride. Right before the noise started, I had the local dealer do a "spring ready to ride" maintenance (chg oil, fluids, etc.) on it - coincidence? Any ideas as to why the noise in 4th gear only?

It's a H D , they all do that!! hahaha -J/K !! I take it that the noise is confined to the tranny? What all did they do to it at the dealer? Did they put Syn3 back in it?

chech drive belt tension same thing happened to me with my 03 rkc
once warmed up drive belt would get hot and start making a high pitch noise right after new rear tire, went away once i readjusted the drive belt what the dealer had done just a thought

Have you pulled the dipstick and checked the fluid level in the trans.?

Back