daytona twin tec

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by fatboytrike, Mar 16, 2012.

1. fatboytrike

fatboytrike New Member

2002 softail start and runs with oem ignition module,but will not start with daytona twin tec or S&S IST ignitions.i followed directions for all settings.any thoughts why this is happening

2. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Try calling their Tech Service group and getting help directly.

TQ

3. fatboytrike

fatboytrike New Member

called twin tec; suggested cs sensor or mapp sensor. replaced css-70 bucks.unplug mapp sensor and bike proceds to run rough. my guess is that it is ok. bike starts great cold with the oem. it is when it is hot i have problems and thats why i want to try the other ignitions.

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

The members here tend to go with something that has worked for other members and has great tech. support. Dobeck is a member of our forum and has a site here that will answer questions that are posted. I'm not knocking your twin-tec, I have just seen many members install the Dobeck units and come away with just what they wanted. Members here also get a discount from Dobeck.

5. qbert1963

qbert1963 Member

Wow, that stinks. I have an '02 with the S&S IST, and it runs great. Make sure you post the reasons things aren't working for you, curious.

6. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Provide a link to the unit your installing or better yet a link to the instruction manual.