free website stats program Daytona Bikeweek 2009 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona Bikeweek 2009

Mavagrand

Just got back from Daytona Beach. Beautiful day to ride and I got to hit BikeWeek before it got too crowded, not that it wasn't bad enough today with the crowds. Had a lot of fun checking out the new bikes, looked at the Yamaha Venture (nice enough, but had a Cassette deck instead of a CD player??? whats tha tabout??) and the Kawasaki Voyager. The Voyager's lines actually resemble an Ultra, especially around the saddle bags/tour pak. I liked the dash better on the Voyager as well..it actually had a CD player and cruise...thought it was a little steep though at 23,000.00. Still not bad attempts at the Harley image. Don't see any Harley owners buying them though and I can't help but wonder at that price why not just buy a Harley?? Speaking of Harley, walked all over the place and could not find their tent. Found the Buell bikes, but not any Harley's..whats that about? Had a good day and, if anyone gets a chance, I recommend hitting the demo tents at the race track. far enough away from downtown Daytona that the traffic isn't too bad and it is still very interesting.

Got any pics to share? Would love to see some. Any picture, just any picture with SUNSHINE would help me out. Thanks! :)

I was out yesterday, but hit DeLand. Over 50,000 people in the 1 day event. Now I'm sitting home awaiting the storms and severe weather the forecasters are predicting. At least next week looks sunny, dry and cooler (high 60's/low 70's).

The local news reports saying the crowds are stronger than predicted for Friday/Saturday, which will help out the local economy for sure.

Check this site, they usualy post pics and maybe catch his roving web cam.

Henry's Roving WebCam Archives

Ride safe and have fun!
Todd

Got any pics to share? Would love to see some. Any picture, just any picture with SUNSHINE would help me out. Thanks! :)

I'm with you Mickster. Give me some sun. I'd love to go to bike week but I'd have to ride through snow and ice to get to the main drag. Oh, I just heard, it's suppose to go down into the single digits tonight. But it's not suppose to snow. Gee, 6 degrees and no snow. I'll take it.

OK. Didn't wanna rub it in, but here are some pix!!

By the way, the first pix is of a 100,000.00 custom YAMAHA!! couldn't believe it.
...and Mickster/Dogg the last pix is for you..good shot of the sunny sky. I gotta say it got hot yesterday. Oil temp went to over 300* sitting in traffic. Some of the riders were rude but I had my girl on the back and a patch of blue sky in the front...all was well!!

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 123
Im with Dogg I just want some sun and 35 degrees or warmer to get out and ride

I thought the same thing, Jayson, but someone else read where the crowds were bigger than expected. I was there the first day so maybe they were referring to all the hotel bookings, etc. Had a good time though, thats whats important.

Back