free website stats program Daytona bike week trip | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona bike week trip

Wow that's some story. Glad he wasn't hurt. Did you have all the tools on your bikes or have to borrow some from the dealer ?

Due to your expertise I can't say this thread is worthless, but it would be BETTER with PICS :s

when i go on a road trip i bring enough tools to take the whole bike apart.its funny before we left my dad was making fun of me for bringing so many tools.i didn't get a pic of it crashed but i did get one after i was finished with it,i'll post it in a sec

Now that's a trip to remember & talk about for a long time - glad your friend's OK bike was (sounds like) easy fix. Have to say I learned early in riding how those front brake "panic stops" can go bad.

Scenario: Back in 1975, mom drove me to buy 1st street bike from private party ('75 Yamaha 200/2-cyl/2-stroke). Riding away - very 1st turn on rural/gravel & going too fast. Grabbed ton of front brake & bam/down (right in front of mom). She's screming, I'm bummed/hurt & took ride of shame all the way home. Good note - only road rash for me, got to wrench on bike early & learn + only cosmetic damage (after fix) was the 'ol blinker in tank dimple.

Back