free website stats program Daytona bike week trip | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona bike week trip

HOLY DIVER

well this is how it went lol. we left Sunday morning around 7am (34 degrees) my dad his friend and myself,all 3 of us on roadkings.around 200 miles into the trip it was time to gas up.i signaled to the sign that said gas exit 1/2 mile well my dads friend was in the left lane and didn't see me signal.as i was slowing down he realized we were going to exit. he went on the exit ramp a little to fast and panicked got on the front brake to hard,got up in the loose stuff and went off. he was not hurt(well his pride was) but the RK had been hurt.engine gaurd,light bar,handel bars were all bent pretty bad(pait job all scratched up) he decieded to keep on ridden to daytona!after a test ride. we got down there went to the dealership got all the parts and i replaced them in the parking lot for him(had to do it in the parking lot had no way to get the parts back to the motel room) people started watching saying they never seen any body fix a bike crashed that bad in a HD parking lot.we did what we had to do! had a great time at bike week,put 1250 miles on my bike total when i got home yesterday.man i got to get a better seat that stock one killed me!

Glad your friend is alright. Sounds like you made the most of a bad situation. Look at the story you have for years to come.

Glad he wasn't hurt worse!

Good lesson for any group riding. Make sure you talk in detail about the meaning of any hand signals, mileage where gas stops will occur, and try to keep the group in the same lane at all times except passing to avoid situations like this one.

Glad he wasn't hurt worse!

Good lesson for any group riding. Make sure you talk in detail about the meaning of any hand signals, mileage where gas stops will occur, and try to keep the group in the same lane at all times except passing to avoid situations like this one.

Great advise. Our group met the week before we left and put a plan together. Signals, let everyone catch-up up before you make a turn, where to eat, where we plan on riding to on this pericular trip. A well planned trip has a better turn out. Just returned from Daytona myself last night (2030 miles round trip)great trip that was well planned.

Glad you friend is ok. You are my kind of friend who can rebuild a bike in a parking lot.

Glad there was only cosmetic damage and you were able to continue the trip. It is a good ride from up here (Spartanburg for me) to Daytona. I am going down Easter for a long week-end to visit my folks in Sanford and cannot wait. I have the reach seat on my road glide and it makes a world of difference over the stock seat.

Hey that's where I'm at Spartanburg!
WAP.gif

Wow that's some story. Glad he wasn't hurt. Did you have all the tools on your bikes or have to borrow some from the dealer ?

Due to your expertise I can't say this thread is worthless, but it would be BETTER with PICS :s

Back