free website stats program Daytona Bike Week 2007, Guided Area Rides | Harley Davidson Forums

Daytona Bike Week 2007, Guided Area Rides

Scenic Country Rides.

The Daytona 200 MC offers to Riders from out of the area Guided Scenic Country Rides. Rides will be held on the 1st Sunday, Monday, Wedenesday (AMA Sanctioned Alligator Mystery Tour), and Friday of Daytona Bike Week. These rides average 200 +/- Miles through a wide variety of Florida Landscapes. Donations are accepted for Rides and a Waver must be signed. Groups of 20 or so are lead by a Road Captain and followed by a Sweeper. Each Days Ride is different and offers a look at the Florida Countryside that most Riders coming to Bike Week have never seen. Last year a member of my group commented that he had been coming to Bike Week for 10 years and never knew that sights like this available.

Some of last year's rides included Ocala National Forest (365,000 acres), Sugarloaf Mountain (highest point in Florida), Fort Chrismas Historical Site & Merrit Island Wildlife Center (all free to visiters).

You will get to see Wetlands, Drylands, Pine Scrub, Rivers, Wildlife, Native Plants and Flowers, and ???????

Keep an eye on the website under "Upcoming Events" as Bike Week draws near.

The Clubhouse is located on West US-92 (International Speedway Blvd) approx 4 miles from the Daytona Speedway, just past Bankston Kawasuki. Turn Right onto Firetower Road. Clubhouse is on Left. (Look for all the Tent Campers who stay here during Bike Week- You can't miss it).

Once again this year, I will be leading some of the Rides, so hope to see you there.

http://daytona200mc.com/

FM

This weekend I ran over two of the routes the rides will be taken.

The 1st one is through the Ocala National Forest and it is a Great One! Mostly all back roads (some with no lines on them ;) ) and the planned Lunch Stop is at a great BBQ Place. They only serve Fresh Meat there, no shipped in frozen stuff. This ride is around 215 miles round trip.

The 2nd one is partly through the forest, but swings down to cover Sugarloaf Mountain (the highest point in Florida), goes past a neat Bakery, and stops for lunch at a unique Lake Side Resturant. This ride is around 216 miles round trip.

I believe the 1st one is being done on Sunday. I will be there taking one of the groups. If you are there (and you want) you can ask for Fred.

See you there.

FM

Back