free website stats program Daylight Savings | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Daylight Savings

No, not necessarily young glider.....I can turn you on your head in Google Earth!!!! :lolrolling

I guess mid to southern AZ isn't the only 'ride all year' place in the US, but it sure is great to have warm, sunny weather, isn't it. Although, I kind of miss the 100 degree days -- I like to ride at night thn, and feel the occasionally cool breeze when passing a stand of trees or golf course. Do you get that effect in SoCal?

CatWoman

Actually we will be getting a wind tunnel effect on ocassion...called the Santa Ana winds that go from AZ and CA desert areas and by the time they reach the LA Basin and on to Ventura county they whip up to 60-70 mph of hot air...that is what causes all the fires during Fire Season which starts in October. :33:

It is opposite the "normal" weather pattern, cool coastal air, sometimes foggy and moist, blowing eastward cooling and wetting things down a bit.:)

Actually we will be getting a wind tunnel effect on ocassion...called the Santa Ana winds that go from AZ and CA desert areas and by the time they reach the LA Basin and on to Ventura county they whip up to 60-70 mph of hot air...that is what causes all the fires during Fire Season which starts in October. :33:

It is opposite the "normal" weather pattern, cool coastal air, sometimes foggy and moist, blowing eastward cooling and wetting things down a bit.:)

I had heard of the Santa Ana Winds - previously many years ago as a Wildland FireFighter (never got to fight any in California, unfortuately) and occasionally now, usually on the weather - but, I was never sure of their cause. That's interesting. Not counting the fires, is all that hot air blowing in welcomed by the locals, as a major weather change? Or are the fires just too much of a constant worry?

CatWoman :rider

Fortunately the Santa Ana winds are normally a three day event or so, but when they come, they blow hot dry air and blow a lot of dust and leaves everywhere. Then it will be calm like nothing happened at all. If we are lucky fires are not that much of an occurance, but since we are in our 5th year of drought like conditions, fires are more of an issue then before. Been only living in SoCal for 10 years, so have not really seen wet season here, but up in NorCal they had record rains in the early 1990's...so I have seen both extremes that California has...it is a huge state lengthwise.

Back