free website stats program Day Trip | Harley Davidson Forums

Day Trip

flipper

Account Removed
Well, this was just a day trip, but it was interesting. We left home near Yazoo City, Mississippi and traveled 96 miles on some good roads (16 and 25) to a little family resort near Louisville, MS called Lake Tiak-O'khata. We had both heard of it all our lives, but had never been there before. We got the buffet, which was pretty good home cooked food, and ate in the indoor dining area overlooking the lake. It was a little warm to eat on the deck outside. There was a good flow of customers with folks traveling up to Starkville for the MSU football game. The lobby had a nice big flat screen TV and there is a big fireplace in the dining area which I bet is really nice in the winter. The grounds are clean and nicely landscaped and groomed. We spent a little time on the covered deck on the water, letting our lunch settle. There were folks canoeing and fishing on the lake.

As we left, there was a couple sitting in the Adirondak chairs playing checkers by the lake.

We took a different route home on some country roads we'd never traveled before. Mostly great pavement and interesting scenery. One rest stop was required so I could get the head piercing sunglasses changed out. A nice day trip to say good-bye to summer. 185 miles by my Heritage. 191 miles by husband's Ultra.

Great pics Flipper.:bigsmiley12: Glad you two had a great day.:cheers

I really enjoy riding roads I've never been before.

Thanks for sharing and the pix are great. Looks like a good place to check out.

Nice ride! Have y'all ever been to Lormans to the Old Country Store? Best fried chicken anywhere! The old black gent that owns the place said if the Colonel had his recipe, he'd be a General. Then on to the Windsor Ruins....Makes for a nice day.

Nice ride! Have y'all ever been to Lormans to the Old Country Store? Best fried chicken anywhere! The old black gent that owns the place said if the Colonel had his recipe, he'd be a General. Then on to the Windsor Ruins....Makes for a nice day.
Yes, we have been there. In fact, it was our first trip there when we were riding two up that a stop at Rocky Springs inspired me to ride my own bike. We saw a group there from West Monroe, La. and a woman was riding her own bike and my husband said "If she can handle a bike, I know you can." The rest is history. As for Arthur's chicken, it is really good. I wish the sides were as outstanding. His entertainment makes up the difference. He sang for the audience while we were there. I love that place!

Wonder if there should be a spot for day trips in addition to the "road trips and touring"............

Last edited by a moderator:
flipper...always love your photos:D:D you really need to stop covering for Jack :D

ooops did i say that out loud

Wonder if there should be a spot for day trips in addition to the "road trips and touring"............

Nah,, trips is trips, we love them all. I think I' going to make an overnigther to Mississippi (I love typing Mississippi) this Winter. Thanks for sharing.

Back