free website stats program Day Ride Out Of Vegas? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Day Ride Out Of Vegas?

I agree Go to up beside Lake Mead and cross over thru The Valley of Fire back towards Vegas. Well out that way might as well
see The Hoover dam AAA+

Already taken the "dam tour" and traffic can be a royal pain getting to the dam.

Already taken the "dam tour" and traffic can be a royal pain getting to the dam.

If you take I-15 north out of Vegas to SH 169, you can go to Valley of Fire and not go anywhere near the lake or dam. Hwy 167 takes you to/from the east side of the park by Lake Mead, but doesn't go to the dam. When I went, traffic wasn't too bad on 167.

If you take I-15 north out of Vegas to SH 169, you can go to Valley of Fire and not go anywhere near the lake or dam. Hwy 167 takes you to/from the east side of the park by Lake Mead, but doesn't go to the dam. When I went, traffic wasn't too bad on 167.

Thanks - I took a quick look at Mapquest and I think that was my planned route pretty much. The dealer says they have a variety of planned rides with maps and I've got a NV road map I plan on looking over on the flight out.

Thanks - I took a quick look at Mapquest and I think that was my planned route pretty much. The dealer says they have a variety of planned rides with maps and I've got a NV road map I plan on looking over on the flight out.
Hey Doc, aren't supposed to be flying that bird are you? If so, I might be concerned if the pilot is sitting there studying a road map. :bigsmiley20:

When I was doing more piloting in balloons I would be working in for a landing and ask people on the ground 'what road that is', the people would usually tell me but I would get a lot of funny looks. :D I needed to relay the info to my chase crew. I didn't like the GPS, even back then, most of the time I didn't want to know how fast or how slow I was going. :)
Have a great trip.

You mean those charts with all the funny circles & neat colors weren't the secret? :p

IFR. I follow roads!

At least between LAS and LAX!

But, we have inertial and laser ring gyros for the over water stuff :)

And, always GPS to cheat with!

Back