free website stats program Dashboard design | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dashboard design

I'd like to see some type of water tight cover for the stereo. I'm not a fair weather rider and have had the CD player quit because of excessive moisture.
Designing it so that the stereo can be removed and the cavity utilized as a water tight storage compartment would be nice.

These have been mentioned but I totally agree:

1. Oil temp gauge instead of air temp
2. Adjustable panel lighting
3. Better speakers

I'll skip the whole HUD thing - more technology simply for the sake of technology!

Some of the changes that I would like to see are

1) A radio display that can been seen in sunlight
2) Swap the air temp gauge for oil temp
3) Some type of glove/storage box

jchurch when you finish your project please share your final concept with us.

Some of the changes that I would like to see are

1) A radio display that can been seen in sunlight

jchurch when you finish your project please share your final concept with us.

With the Harmon Kardon you can adjust the display for light conditions

With the Harmon Kardon you can adjust the display for light conditions

That is true but still the Harmon Kardon display leaves a lot to be desired. An LED display would be much better.

Maybe if they reversed the colors on the current radio. Black background with orange text.

I would look at making the spedo a sweeper instead of a round guage and then make the anciliary guages larger. Give them moveable bezels so you can adjust them
Also look at a raido display not necesserly tied to the chasie larger functional display bigger buttons. A third thing to consider would be a downlight onto the switch cluster or iluminated switches.

Hmmm. Take a speedo. Put on a chrome slab on the gastank. Make it analog so it can be seen in the daytime. Oh wait...that's the Roadking. HAHAHAH (I love the retro look.) Sorry. AHem :p

all those ideas are great ,HUD would be awsome and so would some whoop (edited) speekers. i think it would be cool on a road glide to make one of the glove boxes a entertament storage box. with an out let to charge, phone or mp3, and an input with holder for your mp3 player built in so every thing is nice and neet and tucked away with no wires laying al over the place. also the iner faring should come color matched from the factory, so that way i dont have to pay $600 to have it torn apart and painted.

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

I really hope jchurch comes back to the forum when he finishes his design and shows us,maybe we can be his review board after being his sounding board:D Seriously j if you have been checking in I for one would like to see your design

Back