free website stats program Dashboard design | Harley Davidson Forums

Dashboard design

jchurch

Hi,
I'm an industrial design student in Milwaukee working on re-designing the dashboard/instrument panel of a harley touring bike. I'm looking for any kind of suggestions on what to include or not include in my design. Also, any information on what you like or dislike about your dashboard would be helpful.
Thanks.

Dump the air temp gauge and show something more useful, like an oil temp gauge. Might be cool to incorporate a heads-up display on the windshield showing speed, tach, maybe which gear the trans is in etc.

You a MIAD student?

Batwing or Road glide style?Ive always wanted a small glove box or pocket to store small items on the batwing.It wouldnt have to be big, just so you could put your i pod or gps in it when stopping.Heads up display would be neat.

More of a contour to the dash to get rid of that flat look and make it a little more visually appealing and a little more depth to the guage clusters

I agree with alot of ideas.. This is from an '09 RG drivers perspective.

1) Dump the air temp gauge for an oil temp gauge. I don't need a temp gauge to tell you if it's hot or cold outside on a motorcycle!

2) Brighter cruise, 6th gear and fuel light indicators. In the sun, I have to put my hand over the dash to see them.

3) HUD would be wild, but lots to think about when folks change out windsheilds.

4) On/off button for the radio on the left hand controll.

5) Multi-CD player, instead of a single CD player.

6) Maybe this is already available for aftermarket, but locks on the two "glove boxes" should be standard.

7) Vent up front somewhere to let some air through and maybe cut down on the pressure and buffeting.

8) Ability to change the headlamp bulb w/out removing the front fairing.

Thanks for asking for feedback.

Ride safe and have fun.
Todd

Batwing or Road glide style?Ive always wanted a small glove box or pocket to store small items on the batwing.It wouldnt have to be big, just so you could put your i pod or gps in it when stopping.Heads up display would be neat.

I have the 3 pocket fairing pouch. Part # 58900-98B. I put my reading glasses, cell phone etc in there and it's worth every penny for around $110.00. Sure beats digging around in the bags or tourpak for that stuff.

At H-D pricing, I don't think I would want the HUD option on my bike! It might take some of that stimulus money to buy and/or maintain the thing. :bigsmiley20:

I would love a different radio that has an LED display instead of that hard to read display on current models.

More colorful gauges, that aren't recessed so much, with larger print.

:42:

Back