free website stats program Dash options for 02 Electra? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dash options for 02 Electra?

Foxman

Hello fellow riders,
Looking to do a few upgrades over the winter months when we can't ride here in MI. I wanted to eliminate the rear bumper (Found a braket will be required for this) and I really wanted to do something with the big bulky dash/gas cap assembly on my 02'. I've seen few options available online (Paul Yaffe) but nothing really caught my eye. Are there any Electra guys out there that have done something to replace that big blocky dash assembly? Wondering if the 08' and newer dash would fit somehow, it looks a little sleeker.

Hello fellow riders,
Looking to do a few upgrades over the winter months when we can't ride here in MI. I wanted to eliminate the rear bumper (Found a braket will be required for this) and I really wanted to do something with the big bulky dash/gas cap assembly on my 02'. I've seen few options available online (Paul Yaffe) but nothing really caught my eye. Are there any Electra guys out there that have done something to replace that big blocky dash assembly? Wondering if the 08' and newer dash would fit somehow, it looks a little sleeker.

Pretty sure the 2008 models had a new 6 gallon gas tank, this would explain the sleeker look

Yes, you are correct Jack, as usual. :s 2008 is the year that the 6 gallon tank was added to the Touring lineup. Dash panels would be different.

Does anyone know if you can put an 08 tank on an 07 frame? The frame change didn't occur until 09 I believe, is that right?

Does anyone know if you can put an 08 tank on an 07 frame? The frame change didn't occur until 09 I believe, is that right?

You can put an 08 tank on a 07 but you have to change the seat as well as welding new mounting tabs on the frame.

So, am I correct in saying, there are no options for a sleeker looking dash for the 02" era Electra?

Back