free website stats program Dan Moore Remote Oil Filter | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dan Moore Remote Oil Filter

Jeff,
I wonder if you meant to say "steel braided" lines. I think that would be a good looking install. Cheers?
Ferrous

The hoses are hidden by the primary except where they pop out at the old filter location. But, hey, guess what for about $80, plus shipping, SS braided hose is available. Just ask Dan to keep his plain old ugly black hoses, deduct that $15-$20 and go to McMaster Carr for the SS hose. Or, knowing Dan, he would probably offer to find the hose for you; for sure, he would certainly listen.:s

I must not be as sensitive about such things as some but do agree that if appearance is that important, there is an option. One could even spend more money on AN fittings and make the system look aircraft grade pretty.:newsmile100:

The hoses are hidden by the primary except where they pop out at the old filter location. But, hey, guess what for about $80, plus shipping, SS braided hose is available. Just ask Dan to keep his plain old ugly black hoses, deduct that $15-$20 and go to McMaster Carr for the SS hose. Or, knowing Dan, he would probably offer to find the hose for you; for sure, he would certainly listen.:s

I must not be as sensitive about such things as some but do agree that if appearance is that important, there is an option. One could even spend more money on AN fittings and make the system look aircraft grade pretty.:newsmile100:

What' another 80 bucks when you already spent 25 grand! :s

I like the looks of this set up, it puts me in mind of Indian Larrys bikes with the Fram filter hanging off the side. It would look good on a Streetbob:s

I wonder if it wouldnt increase the life span of the front motor mount? Seems it would have too without oil running down it every several thousand miles or so......

I wonder if it wouldnt increase the life span of the front motor mount? Seems it would have too without oil running down it every several thousand miles or so......

Another side benefit IMHO. I used to run the Buell motor mount on my '02 FLHT and it would need replacing almost every year. Partly because it is a softer compound than the H-D mount but I am sure the oil speeds up the deterioration of the rubber. I now run the Glide Pro mount which is a urethane compound and resistant to deterioration from exposure to oil. I will get around to relocating the filter on the FL in the near future anyway.

I didn't but that's a even better idea.:s

Ideas... I got a million of them! Formed/Bent tubing would look even awesomer!

Aircraft Grade, now you're talkin'!

Now there's an interesting perspective! Hadn't thought of that.

Cheers!
Ferrous

Back