free website stats program Damage to bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Damage to bike

First mistake. Let see you where on your bike & out having a few beers? Second someone else was drinking & you gave them your bike.
Third you expect him to pay for it.

If the drinking was not involved I would say he should pay for anything that happens to you bike while he has it. He does not sound like much of a friend? I would like to see the judges face when you tell him the story you told us.
In some cases you have to say to yourself lesson learned. Good luck getting anything from your loser so called friend. JMO

Oh yea, with friends like this you don't need any enemies!

I have to agree with gmurdock on this one. You can't expect any reasoning for any event's that happen when alcohol is involved. Even the next day after sobering up. "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!"

I have always felt and followed the rule, you break it , you buy it, if I used something that belongs to someone else and it breaks, I replace it, tell them what happened and everyone is happy, and if I need it again I have a good chance of borrowing it. Good luck, and call AAA next time, things may turn out better

Myself,anything I have ever borrowed I return in better condition then I got it.Thats just the way I was raised.If a friend borrows something ,breaks it and refuses to repair it I fix it myself , write them off as a friend and move on.Life is too short to get your tail in a knot over it.

Steve is exactly right in my book. You have to choose your friends wisely...friends are like a relationsihip or respect, it is earned and nurtured, if it is not constantly refreshed it was never met to be...it is not something measured by dollars or time expended.

A tough lesson, but it could have been so much worse. It is not a far stretch to imagine a scenario where your " friend" totaled your bike and got seriously hurt or killed on his way to the next bar.

Alcohol and gasoline NEVER make a good cocktail.

Steve is right, I am the same way.I hate to borow anything, but when I do it goes back better than it was.
I really don't drink, but I have a great incentive not to drink and drive:
Here it is, are you ready for this? - My wife and I both hold a CDL drivers license. And In the PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF MARYLAND if you have a CDL license and you are stopped for any reason while driving anything" including a moped that doesn't require a tag" and have alcohol on your breath at any time, you will be revoked forever for a CDL license in Md.. You do not have to be impared at all, just alcohol on your breath!
I know it's hard to belive, but we can't even share a glass of wine while dining out. "So, I don't have any alcohol while driving. I know it is an excessive law, but it is the law here, And I don't agree with it.
We own a 1 ton dually pickup truck for our Ranch and Md. considers it a commercial vehicle, so we can't even stop to get a six pack in it to bring home, because you can't transport alcoholic beverages in any commercial vehicle. So we probably won't have an issue with bad judgement due to alcohol while cruising. But bar hopping and drinking does cause problems, even when you act responsible, there is always some mean drunk that doesn't. I think your friend should fix the bike. Good luck.
PS, I don't need to drink because my spelling and grammar is already impared!"Ha Ha"
I doubt that my fat fingers could pass a sobriety test anyway.....

Last edited:
Luckily the bike's fixable & if this friend would ever "man-up" & make the right decision to be a true friend - count this as a lesson learned. I was raised w/the same values as STEVE07 IRT returning things better than you got them. Maybe everything will straighten out when this individual takes off their "beer brain." :cheers
I loaned my 1975 Yamaha to a bud who dumped it doing wheelies (why, I don't know), but he paid for everything & this is the way it should be...Good Luck!

Back