free website stats program Damage to bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Damage to bike

cageamatic

We were out having a few beers and a friend (thought so) took my bike to the next bar and I went in a truck, He started a fight and it went to the parking lot and on top of my bike which broke a few things. I told him he was responcible for fixing my bike and he said no he wasn't. I thought there was an unritten rule that if someone has your bike and it gets damaged the person who has it should fix it. Any input?

He has to fix it by law. You loaned him the bike and he has to return it in the same condition it was in when you gave it to him. Besides which he did the damage. He's NOT a friend or he would have offered to fix it.:no

It sure is a good thing your friend did not get into an accident riding over to the next bar. He would have SUED you.

I struggle with letting friends ride my bike let alone when drinking I think he should be partly responsible for the repairs did u know he was drinking

Unfortunately, the concept of responsibility when one breaks something that doesn't belong to them went out with the Edsel. The term "friend" is one that is batted around frequently. I am in my early 60's. While I count many people as friends, I have one, possibly two "best friends" that I know I can count on through thick and thin. Obviously, this unfortunate experience is a lesson, but one that could prevent even more dastardly deeds from hitting you in the future. Good luck...

Why do bad things happen when we have good intentions

He was no friend. After he sobered up and his wounds healed he should have realized what he had done and owned up to it.

If you can't stay away from bars the rule is one beer than two waters or sodas before another beer. The best bet is stick to the soda and save the beer for home. Another rule--Never loan your bike or your wife, they will never come back in the same shape they left in!!!

He can't be a friend if he will not pay. I would follow the legal route and then write him off as a bad learning experience.

Back