free website stats program Damage or defect? | Harley Davidson Forums

Damage or defect?

EnjoyingTheRyde

I saw this ? while washing my bike. It's almost centered on the rear fender between the seat and lights. I brought it to the attention of my dealer, they sent this photo to HD... What do you all think?

Attachments

• Damage or Defect.jpg
    Damage or Defect.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 99
I saw this ? while washing my bike. It's almost centered on the rear fender between the seat and lights. I brought it to the attention of my dealer, they sent this photo to HD... What do you all think?

Looks like damage to me. I have a similar looking blemish in my painted front fender where something had hit it and caused a dent. When I tapped the dent out from the underside of the fender, the paint had a similar look to your chrome damage with a "X" shaped crack. It has gotten worst since!!

TQ

Attachments

• Front fender paint ding.jpg
    Front fender paint ding.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 52
Looks like a small rock may have Hit the inner side of the fender, Cracking the outer paint.

What is that OTHER damaged area,,,,,,,, the reflection?
Doesn't look very happy to me.. :lolrolling

Just kidding...... Kinda like I look all the time.:small3d031:

Looks like the need of Feathering or a design in that area for the cover-up.

Cracked like that needs sanding to smooth it out,,,or it Could spread.

sure is SHINNY

signed....BUBBIE

When I tapped the dent out from the underside of the fender, the paint had a similar look to your chrome damage with a "X" shaped crack.

TQ

It's actually in my painted fender not the chrome...

What is that OTHER damaged area,,,,,,,, the reflection?
Doesn't look very happy to me.. :lolrolling

Just kidding...... Kinda like I look all the time.:small3d031:

signed....BUBBIE

You got it BUBBIE, not happy but stuff happens. Thanks for the input guys, although it really isn't what I wanted to hear.

I gotta get out for a ride today! A lot going on but maybe just a short ride... :)

Back