Dakota Digital Gauges installed

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by ironmark, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

019.jpg I installed the Dakota Digital Gauges over the weekend & IMO they look great and I love the features and the way they funtion . Every guage except the oil temp guage was a plug and play install , the oil temp guage needed 2 wires to be depinned from the plug and the new wires from the oil temp sending unit installed in the plug . Also on my bike I had to get some nylon spacers that would fit between the gauge clamps and the guages so I could tighten the clamps without breaking them . The pic were taken with the bike cold and not running the oil pressure gauge was flashing at the time .

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      60.5 KB
      Views:
  2. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

They look fantastic!!

3. hogrotten

hogrotten Junior Member

Looking good!!!!! :D

4. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Looks Great... I like the "Red" numbers & Orange fairing :D

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Nice looking display. Did you order the red numerals, or are they changeable?

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Awesome...this is another upgrade I'm saving for - just not quite there yet. How are the gages in sunlight - still bright???

7. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

Dakota Digital only offers a red & blue read out so I ordered the red because my bike is candy red sunglo but when I took the pics the flash made it look a little orange in color . When the sun is at my back it lightens up the read out but I can still read them OK . I also like the gear indicator feature because it tell me every gear the bike is in while the stock HD gauge only indicates 6th gear . Here is what the gauges look like with the bike turned off .

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      69.6 KB
      Views:
  8. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Very nice easy to read digital guages. Good call Ironmark! :D

[​IMG]

Harley Davidson Models