free website stats program D&D Fat Cat Quiet baffle | Harley Davidson Forums

D&D Fat Cat Quiet baffle

Plainsman

The D&D Fat Cat that came on the 06 Ultra I just bought had a standard baffle in it. Just a louvered 2&1/4" louvered inner pipe with a steel cylinder welded around it. Reading descriptions I found the Quite Baffle was the same inner louvered pipe with packing around it. It was reported by many the QB would lower the pitch and loudness of the pipe without hurting the torque & H/P of the standard baffle. The QB is over $150.00 so being cheap I removed the standard baffle, cut the outer can off with a plasma cutter and installed a ceramic muffler wrap. The results was great, a real low throaty rumble at moderate throttle but won't leave you unnoticed when you crank the throttle on. I can't feel any loss of power by the seat of the pants. I would recommend the Fat Cat with a Quite Baffle to anyone with up to a 103" with stock heads and mid cams

Is it not great to try something, which ends up being a great mod...
Good for you.

The D&D Fat Cat that came on the 06 Ultra I just bought had a standard baffle in it. Just a louvered 2&1/4" louvered inner pipe with a steel cylinder welded around it. Reading descriptions I found the Quite Baffle was the same inner louvered pipe with packing around it. It was reported by many the QB would lower the pitch and loudness of the pipe without hurting the torque & H/P of the standard baffle. The QB is over $150.00 so being cheap I removed the standard baffle, cut the outer can off with a plasma cutter and installed a ceramic muffler wrap. The results was great, a real low throaty rumble at moderate throttle but won't leave you unnoticed when you crank the throttle on. I can't feel any loss of power by the seat of the pants. I would recommend the Fat Cat with a Quite Baffle to anyone with up to a 103" with stock heads and mid cams

do you have by any chance pictures what you did , I have D & D also and is loud , tnx

I did not take pics but when you remove the baffle you will recognize the tube between the end frames. I just cut that tube off and left the end frames and louvered center. I used ceramic wrap for longevity but fiberglass will work, just does not last as long.

Back