free website stats program Cyco Gaskets | Harley Davidson Forums

Cyco Gaskets

Fisherking

Hi all, I bought a set of Cyco top end Gaskets. I was wondering since the Cyco and Cometic gaskets are made by the same people , or company. Do the head gasktes need the o ring or do they not need the o ring on the head gaskets like cometic head gaskets ?

Thanks F.K.

If the gasket fits tight on the oil return dowel, no o-ring required.
Ok kool just wasnt sure.

F.K.
Hey Dolt I have my heads away to Jprecision In Quebec. I'm getting their stage 2B done on it .
They are raising the intake port by 3/8 of an inch for more velocity, they are decking the heads .030 and new valves, Valve guide springs, and comp releases. Pluse porting .
They guy that owns Jprecision also owns A,Av valves and valve components.
So this year I'm staying with the 88 ci Se 204 cams ,but bumping compresion a bit. Next year I'll switch to my andrews 37 I,'m doing the jugs, then the year after that I'm doing the crank, trued welded, then Ill go with the Andrews 57 gear drive cams at that point . A bit sat a time as I can afford it.

F.K.

the o ring fills the space between the dowel and the gasket if there is no space to fill don't use the o ring last time I replaced gaskets with a kit from hd all the gaskets were different from what had been originally fitted apart from the base gasket the head gaskets were fairly tight around the dowels with a crush part to create a seal original just had a stmped out hole in the gasket that left enough space for the o ring

Brian

the o ring fills the space between the dowel and the gasket if there is no space to fill don't use the o ring last time I replaced gaskets with a kit from hd all the gaskets were different from what had been originally fitted apart from the base gasket the head gaskets were fairly tight around the dowels with a crush part to create a seal original just had a stmped out hole in the gasket that left enough space for the o ring

Brian
Thanks Brian . so Ill just check the fit , it should be obvious I guess.
Thanks F.K.

Ok kool just wasnt sure.

F.K.
Hey Dolt I have my heads away to Jprecision In Quebec. I'm getting their stage 2B done on it .
They are raising the intake port by 3/8 of an inch for more velocity, they are decking the heads .030 and new valves, Valve guide springs, and comp releases. Pluse porting .
They guy that owns Jprecision also owns A,Av valves and valve components.
So this year I'm staying with the 88 ci Se 204 cams ,but bumping compresion a bit. Next year I'll switch to my andrews 37 I,'m doing the jugs, then the year after that I'm doing the crank, trued welded, then Ill go with the Andrews 57 gear drive cams at that point . A bit sat a time as I can afford it.

F.K.
Skip the 37 and go and look at another cam, maybe the Andrew 48. The 37 is very similar to the 204; not much to be gained by that swap. When you do the crank, consider case boring or a stroker crank so you are not limited to 95"/98" displacement.;)

Skip the 37 and go and look at another cam, maybe the Andrew 48. The 37 is very similar to the 204; not much to be gained by that swap. When you do the crank, consider case boring or a stroker crank so you are not limited to 95"/98" displacement.;)
I kinda like the thought of a square engine . The closer I can get to a 4 inch bore and 4 inch stroke is a good thing , I always thought . Im going to go with the 37 first and then after the crank done I was thinking of the 57 in gear drive .
Ill check out the 48 on the cam calculator and see whats up.
Thanks F.K.

I already have the 37 so it might be a kind of wast not to use it ,but I'll check out the 48

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like the thought of a square engine . The closer I can get to a 4 inch bore and 4 inch stroke is a good thing , I always thought . Im going to go with the 37 first and then after the crank done I was thinking of the 57 in gear drive .
The 57 needs static CR at 10-2-10.3 to shine but not offered in gear drive IIRC.

The 57 needs static CR at 10-2-10.3 to shine but not offered in gear drive IIRC.
Not in gear drive hummm.so does the 37 need 10.2-10.3 static 9.3 corected to run well as well?
They are the same cam just higher lift on the 57. I really like were the 204 pulls, I dont run out of cam really before the rev limiter. I would think the 37 and 57 would be about the same .
I was thinking going with the 1.725 rocker arms on the intake with the 204 and 37.Is this worth the caust. It takes the .510 lift of the 37 and makes them .541 lift ./
Just a thought .

F.K.

The 37 has a later intake close than the 204; 38* vs 34*. Where the SE204 would work well at 9.6-9.8, the 37 will like 9.8-10 better.
The results that I have seen (no personal experience) show that the 1.7 ratio rockers are worth the investment. Some just install them on the intakes, others install on intake and exhaust; don't know if one is better than the other. Your heads will need porting and 1.9 intake and 1.6 exhaust valves to take advantage of the extra lift. Clay the pistons and check for piston to valve clearance if you are using HD pistons. Many times the valve reliefs, particularly the intake, need to be opened up to avoid what is shown in the attached photo. Most aftermarket pistons have already addressed that issue.

Attachments

• pistonstrikemarks.jpg
    pistonstrikemarks.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 8
Back