free website stats program Cycle Shop Slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Cycle Shop Slip ons

Hello, I have a 2008 1200 XLN and I am considering swapping out the stock mufflers for a set of slip ons. I have heard good things about Cycle Shop. There seems to be a few different sizes and styles available. Could someone kindly recommend one and include a part number. If you have an opinion on other brands as well, please let me know. I greatly value your input and look forward to reading it.

Thank you,

David

If you are referring to Cycle "SHACK" mufflers, they are a good choice that are equivalent to the older Screamin Eagle mufflers.

Your best to select the ones that you like that are made for your application. This way you are happy with the choice.

Cycle Shack Mufflers | JP Cycles

Check prices from one vender to the others. I have had excellent pricing from Mark at M&M cycles.

M&M Cycles

Give Mark a call, he's a great guy to deal with.

My 2008 883 came with them on. They are murderously loud...but I like it! :D

The chrome is a little touchy, it's discoloring around a nasty gouge from something on the road, but I guess any chrome will do that.

Just do yourself a favor and invest in earplugs...seriously, they actually hurt your ears.

I got 'em on my '05 xlc and I love 'em...they are loud, but very nice sounding..bought mine from a guy on a forum.

I had Cycle Shack slip ons on my 081200R and loved them. I got the ones with the exact same shape as the factory mufflers, so the baffles were fixed and not removable. They were louder than stock, but by no means as loud as the V&H 2 into propipe HO I have now on my dresser. Check Dennis Kirk out for prices...they guarantee to beat anyone else's prices on exhaust & tires by a $1 and shipping is free on orders over $100. They have a good search menu where you can enter your bike model/year and it will show you everything they have available from all manufacturers for your specific bike.

Back