Cycle Shack Sound Bites

Discussion in 'Exhaust Sound Bites' started by glider, Jun 12, 2010.

1. glider

glider Veteran Member

Here's a few on different Harleys. They are similar in sound and may even be made by the same company as the older SE II mufflers.

cycle shack muffler sound clips

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Turnouts on my Streetbob, with modified baffles:s

3. FrankenDeuce

FrankenDeuce Member

They're not great - but I wouldn't say they bite :tounge

4. murf

murf Active Member

Hey Glider, I've got a '92 FXR that I wrapped the pipes on and replaced the baffles in the mufflers with lollipops. The mufflers are "SE" and it has a free flowing air filter ( looks like a HD air filter ) No other engine mods. I thought I would remove the wrap, re-install the heat shields and put some baffles back in. I want a decent sound and I checked out the "cycle shack" sound bites. Also liked the "Rinehart" sound. Any recommendations on a pair of inexpensive baffles to give a good sound and concentrate on midrange torque ( 2500-5000 rpm ) ? Oh, and the jets are #42 & #165 on a CV. Thinking I'm gonna go to a #175 though.

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

I don't know off hand what baffles will fit those mufflers but there should be some if you get the dimensions.

That 42 low jet sounds a bit small too. A 45/46 may be a better choice.

6. murf

murf Active Member

Everything I read says a #40. I'm not too concerned with mileage, I want to make sure it runs good and a little cooler doesn't hurt. I do get some surging at low speeds in 1st gear coming out of my neighborhood on a gravel road after 5-10 min's of running. and I seem to feel a little surging at 60-65 mph which is why I'm considering a #180. At least a #175.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

The 40 is more than likely the stock jetting for that bike. You need more fuel to do what you want to do. #45 would probably help with the surging along with the bigger main jet.

8. murf

murf Active Member

That was my thought also. Thanks for the input.