free website stats program Cycle Shack Sound Bites | Harley Davidson Forums

Cycle Shack Sound Bites

Hey Glider, I've got a '92 FXR that I wrapped the pipes on and replaced the baffles in the mufflers with lollipops. The mufflers are "SE" and it has a free flowing air filter ( looks like a HD air filter ) No other engine mods. I thought I would remove the wrap, re-install the heat shields and put some baffles back in. I want a decent sound and I checked out the "cycle shack" sound bites. Also liked the "Rinehart" sound. Any recommendations on a pair of inexpensive baffles to give a good sound and concentrate on midrange torque ( 2500-5000 rpm ) ? Oh, and the jets are #42 & #165 on a CV. Thinking I'm gonna go to a #175 though.

I don't know off hand what baffles will fit those mufflers but there should be some if you get the dimensions.

That 42 low jet sounds a bit small too. A 45/46 may be a better choice.

Everything I read says a #40. I'm not too concerned with mileage, I want to make sure it runs good and a little cooler doesn't hurt. I do get some surging at low speeds in 1st gear coming out of my neighborhood on a gravel road after 5-10 min's of running. and I seem to feel a little surging at 60-65 mph which is why I'm considering a #180. At least a #175.

The 40 is more than likely the stock jetting for that bike. You need more fuel to do what you want to do. #45 would probably help with the surging along with the bigger main jet.

Back