free website stats program cycle shack slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

cycle shack slip-ons

I recently got a really good deal on a set of cycle shack slash cut slip-ons for my 07 xl1200c and I'm wanting to buy a power commander and screaming eagle air cleaner and was wondering if it would be ok to go ahead and install the mufflers or should I wait till I get the power commander. this is my first HD and my first fuel injected bike, so I really don't know much about them and don't want to mess anything up.
Thanks in advance.

Lost of mixed opinions on this one. The 02 sensors on the newer bikes will adjust to a point but they are narrow band and will only adjust so far. Many have installed just the mufflers without problems. I like to add fuel when I do it because of the lean factory settings on the newer bikes.

I recently got a really good deal on a set of cycle shack slash cut slip-ons for my 07 xl1200c and I'm wanting to buy a power commander and screaming eagle air cleaner and was wondering if it would be ok to go ahead and install the mufflers or should I wait till I get the power commander. this is my first HD and my first fuel injected bike, so I really don't know much about them and don't want to mess anything up.
Thanks in advance.

Hi buddy I have the same pipes on my 1200N and a K&N air filter (no screamin chicken yet) No power commander yet and so far no problems. I realize the bike is running a little leaner than it should, so a power commander is in order for me. I pulled my plugs around 300 miles after adding the pipes and filter and they weren't any more grey than they were before I put the pipes and filter on. I did notice a slight increase in power (i mean very slight) so the power commander is on it's way as soon as I find the right deal on it. Then I will add the SE stage 1 air filter.
I would say go ahead with the pipes but wait till you get your power commander to put the air cleaner on as I am guessing the SE cleaners flow a lot better than the stock setup even with the K&N filter setup in it.
BTW I left the baffles in the mufflers I would do the same if I were you till you get your Power commander.
I don't think you will hurt your motor, mine is ok. You have the same setup I do on my bike now

P.S. I once had a GM service manager tell me that I would "irreversably damage the motor in my truck" if I removed the Catalytic converter. Took a digging bar to the inside of the cat and 120,000 miles later it is the best running truck I have ever owned. I just let the truck breathe and what a difference................same principle applies here............

I've got the Cycle Shack slip-ons, SE filter, and Power Commander on my '07 Sporty. I put them on all at one time, so can't answer your question. But, I can tell you it sounds great when it's all done!

I've got the Cycle Shack MXL 130ss slipons on my '08 1200 L, didn't change anything else ,yet, HUGE improvement, HUGE, and I don't just mean the sound; thing flys compared to stock mufflers and not just the sound that I'm thinking it's faster it's faster. Have checked plugs 3 times so far (600 miles) and they're the same as before I took off the stock mufflers. I just put out a post looking for info on what guys have done since. Can't go with PC III because of fender clearance problems.

I got the Cycle Shack slip-ons with a package deal for my RK that included a PC III, Arlen Ness Big Sucker Intake, and dyno tuning. I gained 6 hp, 8 pounds of torque, a flat air/fuel mixture, and a nice sound. Oh yeah, and smile that won't quit! 'Supposed to be better gas mileage, but I can't tell because I got a tach at the same time. Love growling in traffic at 3 grand!

Mike I am looking between the power commander and the fuel pak. The clearance thing on the power commander, well it is making me think twice about it too. I was wondering if you could somehow route the wiring so the power commander module would be under the side cover instead of that hokey tray that puts it under the stock computer. I would prefer mine under the side cover (the fuelpak mounts there beside the battery) I don't think that is impossible with some creative wire routing................

Check out the vance and hines fuelpak installation instructions.

THE :rider

Back