free website stats program Cycle Shack Slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Cycle Shack Slip-ons

I own an 09 FLHTCU Ultra Classic. Shopping for new slip-ons and was wondering if anyone here had any insight on the Cycle Shack Exhaust Slip-ons. I would really like to get a set of Rineharts but am having a difficult time with the price. My Harley Davidson dealer suggested the Cycle Shack's and said that they sound great, look good and are price within reason. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. Happy New Year to all!

I recently installed a Cycle Shack exhaust with staggered turn down duals on my 85 FLHTC. They sound great at idle (89 decibels) but at 3000 rpm (105 decibels) they sound pretty loud to me anyway. I took about 5 decibels off with a 4" louvered drag baffles wrapped in fiberglass installed into the head pipes. I'm working on a baffle setup for the muffler itself. I picked up a decibel meter for $22 which has been helpful. It all depends on what you consider loud. So far it seems like fiberglass wrapping makes the most difference in toning it down.

There is a baffle called Powerbraidz Flexible Exhaust Baffle for $110 and another called Smartpartz.com - Hard Kore Baffles for about $70

Good luck with it - Bob

Cycle shack pipes are decent pipes both in terms of performance and price. There are many a hallowed pipes available at considerably more money, but like a musical instrument merely a tool in the eyes (and ears) of the beholder.

Most major brands offer great looking and sounding pipes/mufflers...and really as Smitty says you get what you pay for...value and quality are negotiated items at the time of purchase and you have to live with your choise, once the luster of "new" wears off.

I installed my Cycle Shack "Slip-Ons" in July '09. The price was good & the difference in sound compared to stock is great. They are not too loud, but have a great mellow tone running down the highway (not the kind where you
feel half deaf after getting off the bike). In the city, they make my bike sound like a Harley. Also improved my fuel mileage & power range.

I've never run cycle shack pipes; however, I've read they make great power but are on the loud side.

Hey guys, thanks for the information. I live up here in New England and won't be doing much riding until the end of March so I have time to shop around...my buddy just picked up a new set of Rinehart slip-ons for his 08 Street Glide on ebay for $425. So I think I am going to take my time to decide exactly which way I want to go. There are a lot of good products out there at a wide price range. Hope you all have a safe weekend.

92FXRS,

I was only going by what the guys at my Harley Dealership have told me, and they said that the Cycle Shack's sounded close to Rineharts but at a more affordable price. I think that I am going to have to hear them before I make a decision. I am searching the web to see if anyone has loaded any sound bits on U-tube or on the web someplace. Thanks for the help.

Cycle Shack = cheap price & product. If you can afford a 09 UC - you can afford to put decent pipes on the bike. Shop around a bit b/c I got my Rinehart slip-on's for $350 (close-out/clearance) @ Dennis Kirk. Also, remember to check/use "M & M Cycles" on-line catalog w/any OEM part#. You'll find they pretty much beat most sale prices. :newsmile093:

Back