free website stats program Cycle Care Products | Harley Davidson Forums

Cycle Care Products

Wow, not a very ringing endorsement if not one of our 42,000+ members has a comment about these products!

Maybe everyone's out riding!

Doc,
I think that the majority of us ride so much we would prefer not use a product that cuts into our valuable riding time for cleaning. For me I just use more than the directions state on the bottle of wash and wax mixed with water, user blower to dry, then pledge and always looks better than new. Takes about a hour tops. Total cost is about $6.00 and last a whole riding season.
dbmg

Doc,
I think that the majority of us ride so much we would prefer not use a product that cuts into our valuable riding time for cleaning.

That's why I was specifically asking about their spray/rinse product. If it works it would be a lot quicker than the bucket method you and I are using now.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I will anyways. Are cycle washes and waxes that much different from automotive stuff? Over the years I've tried some different motorcyle specific washes and waxes and not really been that impressed. Lately I've been using S-100 on engine and underside & Eagle 1 wash and wax on the rest of the bike then top it off with either Eagle 1 Nano Wax or Spray Detailer. This works for me because I hate trying to get in every crack and crevice to get all the residue out. I'm open to other options just tired of buying new stuff and throwing half of it away cause it's not as easy as advertised.

I've heard (maybe here at HDT) that the Harley store spray and wash stuff actually works. But haven't tried it. I'm a cheap-o and don't mind a little scrubbing downtime just me and my Hog.

I use cycle care 33, I think that the spray and wash your talking about and I think it works great. I buy it by the gallon because I have three bikes, it even works on my glodwing.:bigsmiley11:

I just recently invested $3 in a can of Prospect. (I think the can actually says "Pledge" but that's a college term. Prospect would be more appropriate for the DH world) So my new post-ride routine is hose it down, wash with clean soft cloth, scrub hard to reach spots with a soft bristled round brush, and rinse. Wipe down shiny stuff with a chamoise. Then I spray a little Prospect on a clean dry soft cloth and hit all the shiny stuff. Then I spray some on the round brush and hit everything else. Let it dry and buff with a dry sofy cloth. Whole process about an hour. It's a cleaning - and an inspection for loose, broken, or leaking.

Back