free website stats program CVO Fat Boy help... | Harley Davidson Forums

CVO Fat Boy help...

blackant

Hi guys,

I just got my first Harley today...a 2006 screamin' eagle fat boy and need some advice.

1) I want to get a second seat for the girlfriend. Any recommendations for a comfy but stylish 2 up seat?

2) Does any one know of saddle bags that are easily removable? I only want them for day trips but not on little trips in town.

Thanks a lot for everyone's input in advance.

Hello Blackant, Cant help with the seat but i use a set of leather ,throw over the seat bags that just tie on to the bike, and some removable supports to hold them outta the movin parts. they work great for what i need !

Thanks for the help guys. Any more info on the trhow over the seat bags? That sounds like a great plan! I guess there are no "quick release" bags or easy to put on and take off ones?

Oh, never mind. Great guy, Dan, at Livermore HD helped me out. He said Boss bags have quick releases on them. Greg from Boss answered all my questions so it looks like either the 34 with standard CVO pipes or a 40 bag if I get lower pipes. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife likes to ride with me, so her comfort and keeping her happy is important. I replaced my seat with a seat from Mustang. Purchased through my local dealer, the seat is comfortable, looks decent, and the price was fairly tolerable.

Thanks again everyone. I ended up buying a sundowner from my local HD today. It should be in next week so I'll let you guys know what the GF says.

Think I'll end up waiting a few months until I have money saved up for some nice bags. Got a sissy bar with a luggage rack for now. This will limit ourselves to short trips which is fine since I want to just get used to the bike before we head out on any serious trips. Its a lot more of a beast than I thought it would be, like an SUV compared to a sports car!

Back