free website stats program CV Carburetor problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

CV Carburetor problem

The diaphram seems to get harder to fit back in correctly the longer its been in use a real pain to get seated when they are a wee bit stretched
most other cv carbs ive had dealings with had the diaphram as a seperate part that could be bought on its own at a fairly low cost

Brian

Brian, you got that right, and Bubbie, "-experience is a great equalizer (or humbler), and yes that diaphram is really tough to get back in right, especially in the tight confines of a slightly raised fuel tank, and "eyeballing" it from the side, first with every thing out, (my that spring is long isn't it) and then carefully visualizing all the parts as you put them back in while looking at the diaphram groove for slightest bit of twisting as you lower the works "properly" assembled (was that retainer upside down?) with those new #4 washers...and I know Glider said it would work!!! Could be I did it at "LEAST" one or two times...LOL! :laugh

Last edited:
If im inside the carb i tend to take it off and do it on the workbench and have good light to help my tired old out of focus eyes and perhaps the use of the reading glasses for a bit better sight

Brian

Back