free website stats program cv carb Q | Harley Davidson Forums

cv carb Q

noeld

need some input
I am getting a cv carb for my 80 sportster Monday but I need to pick between a pre epa ??? & a epa one ??? or a 93 or 96 ???
also I have no voes on my 80 so can I just plug the vacuum port off at the carb
thx noel

I think the pre epa will have larger jets as it comes however you still may have to change the jets to get the correct tune for your bike the epa carb should be pretty much the same as the pre epa carb just with smaller jets to give a lean mixture jets can be changed
The cv carb uses 2 cables one to open and one to close the butterfly i hope you have taken this into account as your handlebar setup may need to be updated to suite
Plug off the vacuum port if it is not required

Brian

I think the pre epa will have larger jets as it comes however you still may have to change the jets to get the correct tune for your bike the epa carb should be pretty much the same as the pre epa carb just with smaller jets to give a lean mixture jets can be changed
The cv carb uses 2 cables one to open and one to close the butterfly i hope you have taken this into account as your handlebar setup may need to be updated to suite
Plug off the vacuum port if it is not required

Brian

will my 2 throttle cable & air cleaner from my bendix also work ????

thx noel

will my 2 throttle cable & air cleaner from my bendix also work ????

thx noel

I don't think either will work. I looked for free end play but couldn't find it. You will have to get cables for '95 and earlier to fit you grip. The '95 and earlier screw in where the '96 and later pop in the throttle grip housing. You will also need a different manifold as the CV slips on the manifold and your present carb. screws on like an S&S. A S&S should bolt up fine and is a very good performance carb.. The CV will also wake your Baby up.
tourbox

I don't think either will work. I looked for free end play but couldn't find it. You will have to get cables for '95 and earlier to fit you grip. The '95 and earlier screw in where the '96 and later pop in the throttle grip housing. You will also need a different manifold as the CV slips on the manifold and your present carb. screws on like an S&S. A S&S should bolt up fine and is a very good performance carb.. The CV will also wake your Baby up.
tourbox
my duel cables screw into my throttle grip housing
I am getting a 2 bolt to flange adapter
don't know what to do about the air cleaner ?????
or what to do about the choke if it has one or a fuel enricher lol
thx noel

Back