free website stats program CV carb overflow issue | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

CV carb overflow issue

WOW, that leakage is usually a float setting that maintains a fuel level that is too high or something stuck in the needle and seat keeping it open a bit.

:bigsmiley12:Maybe the fuel level is not high enough to reach the overflow tube, but its leaking past the oring on accel. pump nozzle. Making it look like it coming out the slow and high speed circuit air inlets. Just a thought. Ill try to find a accel pump noxzzle o-ring.

Yes jets are tight and float level is set a lil low @ 18mm= .708" Spec for float is .725-.735"

I would set the float height closer to the higher setting as this will lower the level of the fuel in the float bowl
the lower setting will give you more fuel in the bowl
just a thought

Brian

STILL LEAKS!! but now its not coming out the overflow hose, the fuel is comming out of the slow and main circuit air inlets at the bottom of carb opening.One thing i did notice that ive never seen before was the pin that holds the float to the carb body fits very loose in the holes in the pedestals. The holes are ablonged (egg shaped)

You Have to see IF the float WILL Actually shut off the Gas in the first place,,, Futile to go forward UNLESS it Does ....
Carb IN bike will Be easer to see with Fuel there.

That is where I am on this.. Regardless,,, IF you Just take off the float bowl and SEE IF the darn thing Shuts off the fuel Regardless of the setting...... If it shuts OFF the gas flow It is a matter of setting the Float to work with the(worn out) Elongated holes in the float bosses OR get a new Carb, Used or New to replace the problem....

signed....BUBBIE

Havnt got to mess with it yet with the new accel pumpo ring. i will post my results when i figure this thing out.

Back