free website stats program cv carb issues | Harley Davidson Forums

cv carb issues

LOVE THIS SITE!!!! so to those of you who read and helped me with my last post i thank you and here is where i'm at now by the way i found what i'm looking for in self help section again sort of..... my 01 super glide was in storage since 2003 got a great deal on a low mileage bike 1066 to be exact but it has a few issues going on. wouldn't run with out enricher about 1/4 out read that the slow idle jet is most likely clogged and it was however after looking at the pics in cv carb rejects i took out the idle mix screw first by mistake thought i counted the turns correctly but when i put the carb back on it idles high (with the enricher closed) i seen how to take the blind plug out to adjust it i was just wondering if i should start some where specific i read in a thread you should tighten it all the way and then out 3 turns is this a good place to start? also found why my cluch cable was leaking in self help (clogged vent tube) thanks for helping out a newbie

3 turns out is a starting place but don't tighten it going in, just LIGHTLY seat it or you will damage the tip of the needle.

If you have had the carb of perhaps an ide to check that the cables are seated correctly and not tight should be a wee bit of slack in the 2 cables

Brian

Thanks fin676 but i got the throttle adjustment PDF last night once again love this site! always looking at stuff for my bike figured i'd need that info.... anyway took the carb apart again and cleaned out the valve again and where it sits that was nasty too took glider's advice on the mix screw adjusted the cables new plugs and got the bike running mint! and i gotta tell ya what a difference so much more (EDITED) now that it's running awesome i would love to change out the front end. would all dyna front ends fit between certain years if so what years?

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back