free website stats program cv carb help | Harley Davidson Forums

cv carb help

slim jim

I installed a cv carb on my fxr today. It went fine until i tryed to hook up throttle cabel,s. Does any body know what cabel,s will work. I have have the adjuster,s all the out and cannot get any free play.

What cables are you trying to fit up at the moment
I would think that you will need the cable set up from a similar dyna for your bike it might be worth measuring the length of the outer cable that you need
i am assuming that you have changed the handlebar setup for the dual cable
you will need to fully Close the adjusters at the handlebar end once fitted open the adjusters up until you have the correct free play

Brian

I installed a cv carb on my fxr today. It went fine until i tryed to hook up throttle cabel,s. Does any body know what cabel,s will work. I have have the adjuster,s all the out and cannot get any free play.

NOT seeing your cable to carb bracket.....

Make sure that the outer cable casing and or spring is ALL the Way INSERTED into the Holders....
If one casing (pull or push) is Not SEATED all the way in it will cause this problem..

signed....BUBBIE

Also make sure you have the proper ends, length of cables and sheathing to insure you do not have chafing or wiring running too short, so you can turn the bars end to end and not bind up anything. Also make sure you can hear the screws hit the stops when rolling the throttle closed and open, with both cables in full steering turns lock to lock, so they do not bind or pull on the cables ...JMO

Last edited:
Some times your better off to make your own cables the first time. Cheaper if you mess it up. Probably has a drum end at the carb end, push pull connections. Usuall not to hard to do. In the wind.

Pops

Back